Email Marketing Copywriter
We're looking for a talented writer with significant email campaign experience to work with the Email Marketing team in building new and innovative email marketing campaigns that engage and inspire our customers. We need someone with the analytical ability to understand our audiences and our brand vision, along with the writing chops to speak to all segments while adhering to brand voice guidelines.
About the Job:
* Produce original, creative, and compelling copy for email campaigns aligned with the behaviors, attitudes, and emotions of our email customers across multiple segments, and following the brand voice guidelines for the different sites in the Backcountry portfolio.
* Work collaboratively with designers, brand managers, editors, and other stakeholders to gather information, understand the target audience and strategize communication approaches, and produce nuanced email pieces.
* Review work in a subjective manner with the aid of analytics and apply learnings to future work.
* Communicate a passion for the outdoors.
* Maintain consistently high level of quality across projects and schedules.
* Support company goals and cross-departmental collaboration.
* Generate new ideas and seek new responsibilities/learning opportunities.
* Advocate for quality and the writing process.
* Write other copy as needed, including blog posts and website copy.
* Two or more years of experience writing and developing creative content for an ecommerce site, with an emphasis on email campaigns.
* Advanced writing skills, with the ability to switch between different site voices, along with a solid command of grammar and correct usage. Familiarity with AP style preferred.
* Experience in the outdoors industry or [at minimum some familiarity with a variety of outdoors activities]
* Ability to multi-task and thrive in a deadline-driven environment.
* Efficient work habits and the ability to handle multiple projects on various levels within tight timelines.
* Experience with and expertise in online marketing concepts such as organic SEO, analytics, KPI, etc.
* Receptivity to feedback and the ability to handle constructive criticism and to state opinions in a clear, respectful, and helpful manner.
Our mission is to connect people to their passions. Our five online stores—Backcountry, Competitive Cyclist, MotoSport, Bergfreunde, and SteepandCheap—aim to supply our customers with the gear, knowledge, and inspiration necessary to get out there and chase down life's greatest moments. We do this by providing the biggest and best assortment of premium outdoor products, a superior shopping experience, personalized Gearhead expertise, lightning-fast and accurate fulfillment, and inspirational, informative, and community-centered content.
We take this concept seriously, both personally and professionally, which for employees translates to careers with growth potential and the ability to take ownership and make an impact daily. Perks such as an excellent gear discount, an annual summer Adventure Contest, summer barbecues, and a pet-friendly office make for a fun work environment. Backcountry employees will have the benefit of working with colleagues who are passionate about their careers as well as the outdoors. Benefits include medical, dental, vision, and disability & life insurance, paid maternity and paternity leave, 401(k) matching, and Flexible Spending or Health Savings Accounts.