EnerNOC, a leading provider of energy intelligence software solutions, has an immediate need for a Marketing Copywriter to join our world-class organization. In this role, you will be responsible for writing for multiple marketing channels, including print, web, digital marketing campaigns, our EnergySMART blog, and social media to accelerate the sales process with compelling content, and drive inbound demand for our products and services. The right candidate has an impressive portfolio spanning all major outbound and inbound platforms, experience simplifying complex technology for a non-expert buyer, ideally B2B software, and a strong interest in energy management.
* Serve as copywriter and editor for a wide range of B2B inbound and outbound marketing content, including: blog articles, ebooks/guides, website copy, email and landing page copy, banner ads, and more.
* Collaborate regularly with design team to find the most compelling combination of copy and design for each asset
* Edit copy contributed by internal writers, freelancers, and agency writers
* Help build editorial calendar based on marketing initiatives and business objectives
* Collaborate cross-functionally to gather product knowledge, execute projects, measure outcomes, and refine approaches based on data
* 3-5 years' experience in a copywriter role, in either a B2B or software company environment, at an agency, or as a journalist
* Exemplary writing and editing skills in both online and offline media (only candidates with portfolios will be considered), with a focus on driving conversion through the sales cycle
* Demonstrated experience working collaboratively within a creative team, including direct work with a designer or art director
* Strong sense of intellectual curiosity and experience translating complex software product or industry information into simple, customer-friendly messaging
* Ability to glean actionable information from data, and willingness to let data—not intuition—guide writing
* Self-starter with strong project management skills and attention to detail
* Proven experience producing quality work in fast-paced, deadline-driven environment
* Proven experience writing web copy to achieve SEO goals