Community Advertising Sales Executive - New England
Community Advertising Sales Executive - Boston
At LPi our mission has been connecting people with great local businesses through publications and online advertising.
LPi is looking for hunters who will be responsible for prospecting and selling print and digital ads to small and medium size businesses. We are searching for results-driven sales professionals that can conduct telemarketing sales calls; have the ability to identify the business owner or decision maker and conduct a one call close. Each week the Community Advertising Sales Account Executive will be assigned to sell in a specific location.
Skills and Traits of a Successful Community Advertising Sales Executive:
* 2+years sales experience or recent grads with 6 months of sales experience
* Prospecting and cold calling (90% telemarking; 10% face-to-face sales) on small & medium size businesses.
* Prior success in a short-sell; one call close selling cycle
* Entrepreneurial spirit
* High energy and results driven.
* Strong organizational and time management skills.
* Self-starter and ability to work independently.
* Resilience and an ability to overcome objections
* Computer proficient in Microsoft Office (experience with a CRM system is preferred)
* Depending upon assigned accounts could travel overnight 40%
* Training to get you off to a good start and regular coaching sessions with team leaders and sales manager to ensure your success.
* Clear-cut directions on what it takes to succeed.
* Company provided laptop computer
* Above average commission structure and bonus eligibility with base salary.
* Unlimited income potential.
* Average income after 1 year $55k; top performers $80k+; several earn 6 figures.
* W-2 position with competitive benefits and a 401(k) with company matching.
* Travel expense guidelines and reimbursement within one week.
* Paid vacation and holidays.
LPi, the industry leader in publications for non-profit organizations for 41 years, has an opening for an experienced sales account representative to sell advertising for its bulletins and newsletters in your area. We are privately owned with sales of $50M+ and over 4000 accounts.
The Community Advertising Sales Executive works at a different publication account each week to sell advertisement space in the publication and to build and maintain positive relationships with the account staff.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
* Research assigned territories
* Cold call and qualify prospective advertisers/businesses
* Engage in daily high volume phone calls
* One-call closing and/or short sale cycle
* Continue to add new advertising clients to your accounts
* Representatives sell from assigned accounts each week
* Overnight travel up to 40%, depending upon assigned accounts
* Attend Senior Conferences and Fairs for lead generation
* Identify potential same or new market opportunities
* High School Diploma or G.E.D. equivalent
* 2+years sales experience with increasing sales and profitability yearly OR recent grads with 6 months sales experience via phone or/face to face
* Ability to make a great first impression and build instant rapport
* Enjoy hunting for the sale
* Self-motivated and able to work independently
* Open to travel
* Valid drivers license, reliable transportation and current auto insurance
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer
Key words: Outside sales, inside sales, advertising sales, field sales, telephone sales, digital sales, advertising executive, advertising representative, account executive, sales representative, business development, cold calling, telemarketing, hunter