Category Marketing Associate
MO St Louis
Job Posting Title:
Category Marketing Associate
* Execute business and marketing objectives, strategy and tactics for the Baked Goods portfolio. Help develop annual business review and assist in the development of mid and long-term strategic business planning.
* Utilize strong strategic and communication skills and ability to assemble and motivate cross-functional teams including channel marketing, R&D, sales, and finance to accomplish new product plans, influence mix and profitable grow of the overall portfolio.
* Grow sales and profits of existing product portfolio by utilizing insights of channel marketing and sales teams. Develop key insights to increase relevance of product line to most-value customers. Coordinate effort with cross functional groups.
* Assist in development and recommendation of customer and shopper promotions strategic and tactical plans; lead the execution of the plans, ensuring they are effective, efficient and integrated plans in line with business objectives, customer strategies & consumer/shopper insights. Conduct analysis of previous programs and marketplace conditions to derive actionable learnings.
* Maintain a solid understanding of marketing objectives, strategies and key consumer/shopper insights for assigned businesses. Maintain and communicate product knowledge library for respective categories.
* Build true business partnerships with General Manager and relevant business teams to deliver plans and ensure consistent high value for the Division. Serve as subject matter expert on assigned category and provide strategic thought leadership to general management team.
* Leverage both quantitative and qualitative inputs to develop a deep understanding of competitive, market, and category dynamics
* Work with external consumer research firms to develop actionable, insight-driven marketing strategies. Lead in the assurance of research database accuracy and relevance.
* Lead in the development and delivery of category and product presentations. Work closely with Sales to ensure proper and timely customer communication.
* Examines the competitive landscape looking for opportunities and identifies likely scenarios of competitive activity.
2-4 years relevant experience -- consumer/brand marketing, insights, shopper marketing, retail or marketing communications
Skills and Abilities:
* Ability to effectively collaborate with cross-functional teams to include consumer marketing, consumer insights, R&D, technical applications and effectively influence an extended organization
* Some experience with consumer research and familiar with Consumer, Shopper & Market Insights (IRI and/or Nielsen preferred)
* Financial & Analytic Acumen, attention to detail is critical
* Must be able to work with minimum supervision once objectives are clear and keep the team posted regularly on relevant detail
* Ability to multi task. Should have experience in project management
* Experience executing Consumer & Shopper Promotions programs
* Food CPG experience preferred
TreeHouse Foods is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers, including those with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, please contact us by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. In your email please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting and a description of the position for which you are applying.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, disability or protected veteran status.