Paid Search Marketing Associate
WHO WE ARE
At CompareCards, a subsidiary of LendingTree, our mission is to help people make smarter, more informed, healthier financial decisions based on deeper knowledge of financial offers. CompareCards provides easy-to-use, objective tools and educational resources that help consumers do everything from making credit card comparisons and managing their credit health to helping children in primary, middle, and high school learn how to make wise financial decisions.
WHO YOU ARE
This role is intended to facilitate career growth by empowering the applicant in a direct-response, results-oriented environment.
* Executing initiatives to increase paid search traffic and revenue.
* Responsible for managing paid search campaigns around CompareCards by LendingTree products. This person will directly manage accounts, placements, ads and bidding under the direction of the team manager. He/she will also work with the development, and creative teams to launch and track landing page conversion funnel and creative tests, while contributing to the overall direction and monetization of the assigned vertical markets.
* Full funnel search marketing: strategy, ads, bids, landing pages, & reporting.
* Ownership of the structure, tactical direction, optimization, spend, and P&L of specific campaigns in the online lead aggregation space.
* Run reporting and communication of results/ideas within the marketing and product teams.
* Working closely with development and creative teams to streamline and optimize the consumer experience and conversion funnels for specific products and sites to be marketed.
* Research and communication of the competitive landscape for specific products to be marketed, including: landing page and conversion funnel paths, as well as insight into competitors' impact on our volume, cost and performance in the paid search space.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
* Daily management of bids, spend and ROI.
* Ongoing testing and optimization of visitor experiences, including ad messaging and landing pages.
* Ongoing account optimization, including structure & targeting improvements (geo, demographic, day-parting, keyword and URL), search query mining, keyword expansion, advanced use of negative keywords, and improvement of bid management processes and algorithms.
* Meet all ongoing reporting requirements as needed to keep general managers and peers informed as appropriate.
* Work closely with vendors to ensure appropriate support, and to keep abreast of product releases and new available features.
* Conduct competitive analysis, prepare reports on findings, and share the results with others.
OUR IDEAL CANDIDATE:
* Bachelor's degree.
* 2-3 years of experience executing and optimizing direct response campaigns with a proven ability to increase ROI.
* Extensive experience running paid search campaigns on Google, Yahoo and Bing.
* Advanced knowledge of Excel.
* Working knowledge of 3rd party bid management tools is a plus.
* Qualified applicants should possess the ability to independently develop ideas and strategies that lead to success and the growth of the business line overall.
* Strong analytical, communication and presentation skills.
* Be self-motivated, able to execute on new ideas and see projects through start to finish.
* Hard-working, creative and eager to learn and expand knowledge of online direct marketing.
BENEFITS, COMPENSATION & PERKS:
* We offer all of the regular perks (i.e. medical, dental, vision, time off, 401(k), etc.)
* Work for an established brand in a start-up environment
* Flexible work hours and work from home 2-3 days a week!
* Free snacks...YUM!
* Our new location consists of a tight-knit team of 10 (and quickly growing) fun Marketing and Creative Rock Stars – we like working together
Our office is located at 40 Skokie Blvd, Ste. 320, Northbrook, IL 60062