Sr. Customer Marketing Manager
For more than 120 years, The J. M. Smucker Company has been committed to offering consumers quality products that bring families together to share memorable meals and moments. Today, Smucker is a leading marketer and manufacturer of consumer food and beverage products and pet food and pet snacks in North America with annual net sales of approximately $8 billion. In consumer foods and beverages, its brands include Smucker's®, Folgers®, Jif®, Dunkin' Donuts®, Crisco®, Pillsbury®, R.W. Knudsen Family®, Hungry Jack®, Café Bustelo®, Martha White®, truRoots®, Sahale Snacks®, Robin Hood®, and Bick's®. In pet food and pet snacks, its brands include Meow Mix®, Milk- Bone®, Kibbles 'n Bits®, Natural Balance®, and 9Lives®. The Company remains rooted in the Basic Beliefs of Quality, People, Ethics, Growth, and Independence established by its founder and namesake more than a century ago. For more information about the Company, visit jmsmucker.com.
In this role, the Manager translates brand(s) strategies and initiatives into an actionable Go To Market approach across U.S. Retail from the lens of the retail customer / channel perspective. They are actively engaged and participating in several important business processes, e.g. Brand Plan development, Channel Strategies / Plans, Display Planning, Presentation Development, and Sales Playbook. Ensuring effective and on point Sales communication is a very critical component of the role.
* Support the translation of brand(s) strategies and initiatives into an actionable Go To Market approach across U.S. Retail from the lens of the retail customer / channels perspective.
* Support a disciplined approach to achieve successful initiative launches that support traditional sales planning, as well as meet key customer Joint Business Planning timelines and requirements
* Lead the communication development process for Brand Marketing back to the Commercialization team to develop a consistent approach across all business functions.
* Lead content and Sales presentation development process for Brand Marketing ensuring use of standardized templates and publication process
* Lead Brand Marketing projects that have implications on Sales (i.e. price change execution, product shortage / allocation, product downsize or case change, item launch, etc)
* Support the collaboration within Centers of Excellence, as well across internal key stakeholders (Brand Marketing, Growth / Innovation, Marketing Services, and Finance) to deploy direction that achieves business plan objectives.
* Support the integration of customers / channels into regular occurrence Brand Marketing meetings and longer term business planning.
* Knowledgeable about what is possible at customers and the varying nuances across channels; Help manage channel & customer conflicts.
* Provide voice of customer / channel through the product innovation lifecycle / launch
* Bachelor's degree in Marketing, Business or related area is required
* 5- 7 years of experience in CPG customer / sales development or managing brand strategies
* Willingness to travel up to 15% of schedule.
* Written & Oral Communication – The ability to effectively express oneself in speech and via written word
* Display Organizational Savvy: Develops give and take relationships with others; understands the agendas and perspectives of others; uses both formal channels and informal networks to get things done.
* Building Collaborative Relationships: The ability to develop, maintain, and strengthen partnerships with others inside or outside the organization who can provide information, assistance, and support.
* Managing Change: The ability to demonstrate support for innovation and for organizational changes needed to improve the organization's effectiveness; initiating, sponsoring, and implementing organizational change; helping others to successfully manage organizational change.
* Know the Business: Shows understanding of issues relevant to the broad organization and business; keeps that knowledge up to date; understands the impact of external events on the organizational plans and objectives.
No Relocation Assistance available for this position.
No Sponsorship available for this position.
No agencies or third-party vendors.