222684BR - Marketing Copywriter
Job Description :
Creates direct mail pieces, taglines, web page content, email, television commercials, scripts and other marketing and internal communications. This type of written material is often used to persuade a person or group as well as raise brand awareness. Correct spelling, grammar and align writings to the brand. Handles editing in a wide range of topics and genres. The services provided may be varied and can include, but not limited to proofreading, copy editing, line editing, developmental editing, editing for search engine optimization (SEO), social media posts, tweets, and blogs. Creates original written content for scripts, advertising, online and social media use. Creates original content for internal communications. Cross-checking facts, spelling, grammar, writing style, page design and photos. Makes sure that written work is accurate and embodies the brand.
Are you a driven copywriting professional who enjoys challenge and a creative environment? Would you enjoy playing a key role in a fast-moving, front-line marketing team whose work makes real, immediate impacts? Join YellowFan Studios, Sprint's fun, dynamic in-house creative agency.
This new role within Sprint YellowFan Studio will play a significant role in the conception and creation of a wide range of content for Sprint's marketing and communications needs. This is a prime role for a highly creative line-by-line copywriter with experience in producing copy for direct mail and other advertising content. Though this person will be dedicated to the new and growing Direct Marketing program, they will also contribute ideas and copywriting assignments for other major advertising campaigns and initiatives.
* Play a key role in the creative ideation, vision and design feel across multiple initiatives – with a primary focus on copy for our direct mail adverstising.
* Effectively assemble ideas and scenes to drive exceptional visual story development of concepts.
* Ability to take ownership of creative initiatives and help carry creative vision through to tactics.
* Work with YellowFan's creative team, brand and account managers to define the vision, voice and positioning of the Sprint brand in our campaigns.
* Exceptionally compelling and persuasive copywriting skills, demonstrated in an impressive and robust creative portfolio.
* Collaborate with graphic designers and creative directors to translate strategic objectives into engaging and effective creative solutions.
* Condense complex offer messaging and marketing objectives into persuasive Calls to Action.
* Expertly pitch and modulate tone and language to particular market segments and offering messages.
* Compellingly communicate in a voice that feels fresh, personal and authentic, while remaining true to a consistent brand identify.
Online or PDF portfolio demonstrating copywriting expertise and experience. Applications without portfolios will not be considered.
* Bachelor's degree and four years related work experience or eight years related work experience post high school
* Exceptional copywriting expertise and experience working closely with strategists and graphic designers, preferably in an agency or in-house marketing role.
* Experienced and passionate copywriter with a solid background in crafting compelling, effective and direct Calls to Action.
* Able to create appealing, strategy-driven copy under deadline and to pivot and revise expeditiously as projects evolve.
* Bachelor's or Associate's degree in communications, marketing, journalism or similar field plus four years related work experience (or eight years related work experience post high-school)
* High degree of flexibility and adaptability to change; able to juggle multiple projects and thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
* Ability to conceptualize in 3D and to optimize the experiential and metaphoric possibilities of dimensional print projects, as well as of tactile finishes, pop-ups, slide-outs, origami folds and other audience-engaging mechanicals to attract, delight and persuade.
* Ability to multi-task and switch strategies and ideas from channel to channel as needed — from national TV to social to Direct Mail and back.
* Proactive, positive, committed collaborator, team player and problem solver.
* Fresh cultural references, stylistic versatility, avid curiosity and ongoing self-education in current best practice and trending advertising and marketing to help keep our creative relevant, energized and inspired.
At Sprint, we're more than just talk. We've changed the way people communicate, how they work and how they stay connected on the go. Sprint is widely recognized for developing, engineering and deploying innovative technologies, including the first wireless 4G service from a national carrier in the United States; offering industry-leading mobile data services, leading prepaid brands including Virgin Mobile USA, Boost Mobile, and Assurance Wireless; instant national and international push-to-talk capabilities; and a global Tier 1 Internet backbone. Behind every decision we make, there is a passion and drive to develop technologies to enhance and simplify our customers' lives.
Are you ready for the big time?
Sprint is a background screening, drug screening, and E-Verify participating employer and considers qualified candidates with criminal histories consistent with applicable law. EOE .
Sprint is an Equal Opportunity Employer and has been recognized for its commitment to diversity and creating an inclusive workplace where all employees' backgrounds, talents and contributions are valued. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, nation origin, disability or protected veteran status. Sprint is a background screening, drug-free workplace.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Protected Veterans
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled protected veteran and need an accommodation or accessibility assistance to apply for one of our positions, you may submit a request by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or by faxing your request to 913-523-9980.
"Applicants have rights under Federal Employment Laws" Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA) Poster; Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Poster; Supplemental Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) is the Law Poster; Employee Polygraph Protection Act (EPPA) Poster; Pay Transparency Notice Poster; and the Philadelphia's Fair Change Hiring Law Poster.