Email Marketing Manager Job
Requisition ID: 144347
Work Area: Marketing
Expected Travel: 0 - 10%
Career Status: Professional
Employment Type: Regular Full Time
As market leader in enterprise application software, SAP helps companies of all sizes and industries innovate through simplification. From the back office to the boardroom, warehouse to storefront, on premise to cloud, desktop to mobile device – SAP empowers people and organizations to work together more efficiently and use business insight more effectively to stay ahead of the competition. SAP applications and services enable customers to operate profitably, adapt continuously, and grow sustainably.
E-mail Marketing Manager, SAP SMB Team
At SAP we love to think big and sometimes that means thinking small - small and midsize business - one of the most important segments of our economy. Come join one of the newest teams at SAP dedicated to delivering the next generation of cloud solutions for this growing market.
The SAP Small Business Marketing Team is tasked with dramatically expanding our footprint in this key market. We're not here just to exist, we are here lead in the markets we focus upon. To do so we are shaking things up a bit. Our cloud solutions deliver unprecedented and indispensable business value to our customers. Our digital go-to-market approach will raise the bar for our industry in terms of how to profitably scale while staying connected with customers and key partners. Not only that, we're a dedicated, committed and fun group of people who are excited to help define and build the best in class solutions. If you've got endless initiative and drive, love data, have got a creative side, and relish the idea of helping to build a truly global business with impact, let's hear from you!
Key Areas of Responsibility and Tasks
As the E-mail Marketing Manager, you'll manage demand generation for SAP's SMB portfolio with e-mail and database marketing. In success, you'll also be setting an example for how we can drive e-mail customer acquisition and lead nurturing as a company. You'll help define our strategy for our online presence, customer outreach, and our approach to developing the optimal customer journey from lead submission through conversion.
The E-mail Marketing Manager reports directly to the VP of Digital Marketing and is responsible for establishing our e-mail and database marketing strategy and execution. Core metrics include meaningful improvements in e-mail acquisition volume, efficiency, click-through rates, conversion rates, and marketing generated revenue.
In this role you will be responsible for:
* Supporting the strategy and execution of all e-mail marketing efforts for SAP's SMB portfolio, with a laser-focus on data-driven decisions that generate qualified leads and sales pipeline.
* Managing the strategy and roadmap, in partnership with our technology team, for our e-mail marketing program including lead nurturing, CRM integration, and marketing automation.
* Identify target audience and grow SMB email list. Design and implement direct e-mail marketing campaigns.
* Proofread emails for clarity, grammatical integrity, and brand alignment.
* Develop mobile-friendly email templates, monthly SMB newsletters, and lead generation templates for prospects that have not previously converted.
* Upgrade our email templates using graphics, personalization and advanced features.
* Ensure prompt and accurate communication with prospects via email to minimize unsubscribes.
* Create and maintain email databases for lead generation via third party platforms and marketing automation tools.
* Analyze campaign performance and suggest optimizations for performance improvement.
* Report on views, clicks, leads, and conversions generated from email marketing efforts.
* Ensure emails follow industry policies, standards, and best practices.
Travel requirement up to 20%
Ideal Candidate Profile
* A top-performing candidate with sharp business judgement, strong project-management skills, and demonstrated leadership abilities will excel in this dynamic, hands-on role. Additional qualifications include:
* Proven work experience as an Email Marketing Manager or relevant technical role
* Hands on experience with HTML and content management systems
* Proficiency in marketing automation technology
* Knowledge of SEO/SEM and Google Analytics
* Familiarity with web analytics and database tools
* Excellent written communication and copywriting skills
* Strong project management skills
* An ability to work under tight deadlines
* BS/BA degree in Marketing or related field
* Exceptional communication skills and the ability to multitask and prioritize across multiple projects
* Ability to work autonomously and collaboratively
* Creative and resourceful problem-solving skills
* A track record of creating and getting involved in the technology industry
* 3+ years digital media and/or E-Mail Marketing experience with at least years people management experience
* Strong track record of results working in a complex, matrixed environment
Bachelor's degree or equivalent required
SAP'S DIVERSITY COMMITMENT
To harness the power of innovation, SAP invests in the development of its diverse employees. We aspire to leverage the qualities and appreciate the unique competencies that each person brings to the company.
SAP is committed to the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity and to providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with SAP and are in need of accommodation or special assistance to navigate our website or to complete your application, please send an e-mail with your request to Recruiting Operations Team (Americas: Careers.NorthAmerica@sap.com or Careers.LatinAmerica@sap.com, APJ: Careers.APJ@sap.com, EMEA: Careers@sap.com). Requests for reasonable accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability:
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their age, race, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
Nearest Major Market: Seattle
Nearest Secondary Market: Bellevue
Job Segment: Copy Editor, Proofreading, ERP, Developer, Creative, Marketing, Technology