Email Marketing Manager
Req # 100806
Email Marketing Manager
San Francisco, CA US
Employee: Full Time Employee
At Castlight, our mission is to empower people to make the best choices for their health and to help companies make the most of their health benefits. We offer a health benefits platform that engages employees to make better healthcare decisions and can guide them to the right program, care, and provider. The platform also enables benefit leaders to communicate and measure their programs while driving employee engagement with targeted, relevant communications.
To date, Castlight has partnered with more than 200 large enterprise customers, spanning millions of lives, to improve healthcare outcomes, lower costs, and increase benefits satisfaction.
We're looking for an experienced Email Marketing Manager to manage our email program. Email marketing is one of the most important functions at Castlight and plays a crucial role in driving our user acquisition and engagement. In this role you will influence, drive and implement our strategy for the overall email marketing program. You will work cross functionally across the Product Management, Marketing, Content, UX and Engineering teams to develop an email program that will drive towards key business goals.
* Lead the execution of our email program, including lifecycle trigger programs, transactional messaging and large scale campaigns
* Create, deploy, test and ship email
* Propose and execute email tests and enhancements to improve the effectiveness of email marketing programs across devices and around recency, frequency, segmentation, messaging, layout, deliverability, personalization, time of day and other variables
* Create, refresh, and design email templates in HTML to be compatible on different email clients, web browsers, and mobile.
* Manage customer segmentation within our email database, work to identify new segmentation opportunities and ensure the right client is getting the right message at the right time
* Be the Subject Matter Expert regarding email engagement and deliver analysis beyond open rates and click-through rates. You are curious as to why a new user stopped engaging and you try to fix it.
* Own all email related campaign reporting and analysis on a weekly and monthly basis
* Work collaboratively with marketing, design, and content teams to develop creative assets that are optimized for campaign deployment
* Work with digital agency to optimize email campaigns
* 3-5 years of background in an email marketing role, B2C preferred
* Knowledge of HTML / CSS to create and refresh HTML templates
* You have strong project management skills including: conceptualization, driving alignment, planning resources, managing deadlines and objectives, delivering analysis and recommendations
* You love to test and iterate and are experienced developing, executing and analyzing A/B or multivariate tests
* You are highly data-driven and understand how to optimize email programs to deliver upon overall company goals and metrics
* You have experience building and running campaign automation programs using Email Service Provider tools, preferably Salesforce Marketing Cloud/ExactTarget
* You possess a strong understanding of consumer mindset and consumer empathy and you have a dedication to great consumer experiences
* You take ownership, are an inventive problem solver, and have a high level of accountability
* You have a natural ability to collaborate well with others across the organization and thrive in a dynamic, fast-paced, and highly-fluid environment
The Castlight Health Difference
* Dynamic leadership grounded in Mission and Values. Clearly defined goals for you, with routine opportunities for feedback
* Diverse, team-driven culture that thrives on fun
* Commitment to employee development
* High growth entrepreneurial environment
* A commitment to the greater good: opportunity to participate in and lead community events
* Opportunity to help change U.S. Healthcare
* Unlimited time off policy
* 100% paid employee health benefit premiums
The Castlight Code
Our values are intrinsic to what we do - we call them the Castlight Code. The code is embedded deep within our organization and defines who we are.
* START WITH THE CUSTOMER: The customer is at the core of everything we do. We're on this journey together. Earn their trust.
* RAISE THE BAR AND DELIVER: We get better, every time. Own the outcome. Stay curious.
* CHANGING HEALTHCARE IS A TEAM SPORT: We can't do it alone. This is our moment - seize it. Play hard.
* BRING IT ON: We are rebels with a cause. It is in our DNA to tackle big problems. Endurance is critical to success.
* WE ARE FAMILY: Come as you are. Be a steward. Welcome hard conversations. Here, we hug.
Castlight Health provides equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, Castlight Health will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.