Event Marketing Manager
The MaxPoint marketing department is looking for a motivated professional to join our team as Event Marketing Manager. In this role, you will primarily be responsible for managing a select group of MaxPoint's extensive industry and corporate event activities. The ideal candidate will be a team player with a positive attitude, an eye for detail, the ability to effectively communicate to a variety of internal and external audiences and an effective project management leader.
* Plan and manage events, including coordination and execution of guerilla marketing tactics as well as traditional promotional events and sponsorships.
* Set, communicate and maintain timelines and priorities on event programs.
* Manage the day-to-day relationship and activities with external vendors and event partners.
* Build strong relationships with key internal stakeholders.
* Negotiate agreements with vendors and sponsor contacts to ensure lowest cost and highest quality of service.
* Work closely with marketing team on sponsorship arrangements and key initiatives within the organization.
* Determine fiscal requirements and manage event budget including the collection of receipts and all surrounding documents.
* Coordinate event environment (signage, branding etc.) and manage the execution of events onsite.
* Analyze event operations and prepare and implement recommendations for improving operational efficiencies within the events.
* Trouble shoot and smooth issues related to the successful execution of the event program.
* Provide post event analysis, budget recaps, internal and client feedback and incorporate learning into future event plans.
* Ensure our event presence is on strategy and consistent.
* Conduct research and identify new event opportunities for the company.
* Source and manage promotional items for key marketing initiatives.
* Exceptional written and oral communication skills required.
* Excellent organizational, planning and project management skills.
* Ability to develop strong networks and build credibility within the organization.
* Ability to perform well in a team environment and manage multiple deadline-driven projects.
* Must be flexible and solution-oriented with excellent time management skills and the ability to multitask.
* Excellent editing and proofreading skills with attention to detail.
* Excellent computer skills, including proficiency with Word, PowerPoint and Excel as well as flexibility with similar alternative programs.
* Ability to process a vast amount of information and understand and prioritize competing business needs.
* Strong leadership skills and the ability to collaborate effectively with colleagues and vendors at all levels to meet business goals.
* Proven ability to take direction and input in order to develop effective and engaging branded events that will achieve organizational goals.
* Willingness to roll up his/her sleeves to get the work done or go the extra mile. Strong personal work ethic.
* Flexible personality and quick learner who operates with a sense of urgency.
* Highly organized self-starter.
* Knowledge of social media platforms, including Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, YouTube, Digg, and Delicious.
* Willingness to travel to industry and company-sponsored events (approximately 50+% travel)
* BA/BS from an accredited university with 5 to 7 years of experience working in an event marketing capacity.
* Experience working with a technology company is a plus, but not required.
* Experience working with Cvent and any event certifications (CMP or CSEP) are a plus, but not required.
What's In It for You
MaxPoint offers a generous benefits package, including company-paid premiums for employee and family health, dental, and vision coverage; a company-contributed flexible spending account for eligible medical expenses; a 401k; paid vacation; and holidays. Additional benefits include optional employee-paid life insurance and AD&D, voluntary long-term disability, and an employee-contributed flexible spending account for eligible medical and dependent-care expenses. For more information, visit www.maxpoint.com, follow MaxPoint on Twitter @maxpoint_int, and subscribe to the OnPoint Blog.
MaxPoint considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin or ancestry, sex, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any other legally protected status. In addition, MaxPoint will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need assistance with completing the online application process, please contact DL_Recruiting@MaxPoint.com.