Content Marketing Manager
CB Insights is looking for a skilled and ambitious content marketing manager to expand our content reach and drive awareness, subscribers and leads. This role will be a key addition to one of the largest and most trusted content platforms in tech.
A leading source for tech and innovation research, analysis, and commentary, CB Insights is frequently cited by major media (NYT, Bloomberg, WSJ, etc.). Our newsletter is read by 280,000 subscribers from leading VCs, the Fortune 100 C-suite, tech unicorns and top universities.
The right hire will be both creative and analytical, with a strong sense of ownership in his or her work.
* Develop strategies and systems that grow our reach audience and improve engagement/conversion across channels (social, email, blog, live events).
* Institute processes to optimize content (SEO) and track results.
* Systematize our content distribution to relevant parties (investors, startups, corporates, clients, social channels, etc.)
* Grow our presence in relevant verticals through content co-promotion, syndication, etc. with trade publications and associations.
* Collaborate with marketing, research and BD to coordinate content strategies with business goals.
* Measurement and optimization of content marketing programs will be required on an ongoing basis.
* Regular presentation to company leadership on strategies and results will be required.
Required Skills and Qualifications:
* Proven track record developing and executing content marketing strategies in multiple channels. Prior work with b2b companies preferred.
* Ability to create compelling copy (CTAs, landing pages, etc.); conversion optimization knowledge strongly preferred.
* Understanding of SEO best practices.
* Understanding of best practices for promotion/sharing content through social media channels. Social experience for a b2b software company preferred.
* Ability to measure, analyze and optimize the effectiveness of content marketing efforts.
* Skilled executive-level presentation abilities; i.e., synthesizing and reporting on program results as well on approaches and strategies.
* Very strong project management skills and firm grasp on how to manage several priorities of multiple stakeholders with a focus on business goals (i.e., engagement, leads, sales).
* Experience using Google Analytics, G-Suite, Wordpress, Mailchimp, social media tracking software. Knowledge of Hubspot and Salesforce a plus.
* Undergraduate degree (or equivalent work/military experience) and 2-3 years of experience in growth strategy and/or content marketing.