Manager, Social Media Marketing
Company: Carnival Cruise Line
Area of Interest: Marketing
Job Title: Manager, Social Media Marketing
You're an innovative, strategic and BIG PICTURE thinking Digital and Social marketer with a strong background in web/social media emerging technology. You've gained experience at a Digital Agency, a large consumer-facing hospitality brand or a major Cruise Line. You will work with a creative agency to help you with the day-to-day content creation and posting scheduling – this suits you well as you like to focus on the big picture strategy that truly drives our share of voice and generate excitement for our brand.
Needless to say, you are passionate about travel and memorable vacations! In fact, one of your first assignments may very well be an 8-day European or Caribbean cruise to generate content and gain a thorough understanding of our Guests and their experiences.
If this sounds like you and the direction you would like to take in your career, we would love to chat!
The Social Marketing Manager owns the daily programming across Carnival's social media programs which includes providing monthly performance reports and optimizations. This position supports the Director, Content & Social Marketing in driving reach via owned and earned social media, consideration via shipboard social programs and bookings/engagement via gamification. This individual supports the Director, Content & Social Marketing in activating brand sponsorship's, PR events, celebrities and brand partnerships.
* SHIPBOARD SOCIAL – Collaborate with Ops to leverage photos/videos taken of the customers, taken by customers or taken by team members to drive social advocacy and share of voice. Manage the editorial calendar and posting plan.
* OFFLINE ACTIVATION – Collaborate with PR/Events to activate brand sponsorships and PR events to drive offline participants online and to extend reach to online participants
* CELEBRITY & PARTNERSHIP ACTIVATION – Collaborate with Ops and Partnerships to activate celebrities & brands to extend reach via their fans and grow Carnival's fans and engagement
* GAMIFICATION – Develop gamified campaigns to drive bookings during key sales and to drive engagement in between sailings
* SOCIAL CONTENT – Develop and manage segment-specific content for each major and emerging social platform that leverages destinations, ship features/programming and cruise deals to inspire, educate and engage fans
* SOCIAL COMMUNITY – Grow fans. Evolve chat platform to support web conversion and customer service. Leverage social platforms and HUB app to enable customers to engage with each other before, during and after sailings
* SOCIAL INNOVATION & COMPETITIVE MONITORING – Stay abreast of social marketing capabilities, trends & competitive activity and quickly pilot social marketing innovations
* SHIP OR FEATURE LAUNCH – Develop social marketing campaigns to launch new ships or features in a large way that generates earned media
* AGENCY & BUDGET MANAGEMENT – Manage agencies ensuring quality output, and manage expenses against budget continuously seeking efficiency.
* DIRECT REPORT, AGENCY AND BUDGET MANAGEMENT – Develop Specialist, Social Media as well as help manage agencies ensuring the highest quality output, and manage expenses against budget continuously seeking efficiency.
* Master's Degree
* MBA Preferred
* Experience in managing content, campaigns and communities social platforms.
* Ability to develop branded content and social campaigns that engage fans, drive social advocacy and inspire viral sharing.
* Executive maturity to work with third party agencies, creative talent and media vendors, service-orientation to work with the commercial and operating teams, and communication skills to liaise with senior management and peers.
* High passion and positive attitude, organized and able to multi-task, and track record for delivery and agile piloting.
* Proficient in MS Office products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
Benefits as a member of Carnival's Team:
* A comprehensive healthcare program, dental coverage and flexible spending accounts
* Company-paid term life insurance and long term disability coverage, employee-paid optional life insurance and other voluntary insurance programs
* A 401(k) plan that includes up to a 3% company match after one year of service and a discretionary
* Profit Sharing contribution in your second year of eligible employment
* Tuition Reimbursement that provides up to 75% reimbursement for company related professional career development
* An on-site Space Coast Credit Union satellite office, cafeteria and free parking
* Employee Stock Purchase plan that provides up to a 15% discount off the Fair Market Value of Carnival Corporation Common Stock Paid vacation and sick time
* An on-site fully accredited preschool educational program that provides developmentally appropriate educational programming for families of children ages 6 weeks through 5 years of age and up to 12 years of age during school holidays and summer vacation in addition to drop-in care for those unexpected childcare conflicts
* An on-site Health and Wellness Center that provides a full range of activities including weight training machines, free weights, cardiovascular equipment, an aerobic center, massage therapy, certified personal trainers and a wide variety of other programs
* Two complimentary "Fun Ship" cruises a year (based on available space and seniority) as well as discounted rates to friends and family in addition to other discounts to local and neighborhood vendors
About Carnival Cruise Lines:
Carnival Cruise Line is the most popular cruise brand in North America and operates 25 ships designed to foster exceptionally fun and memorable vacation experiences at an outstanding value. Carnival Cruise Line is the leading provider of year-round Caribbean cruises and also operates seasonal cruises in Europe, Alaska, New England, Canada, Bermuda, Hawaii, Mexican Riviera and the Panama Canal. The brand caters to a wide consumer demographic, appealing to families, couples, singles and seniors alike. One common denominator among Carnival's guests is the desire for a truly fun, memorable and enjoyable vacation experience.
Carnival Corporation & plc and Carnival Cruise Line is an equal employment opportunity/affirmative action employer. In this regard, it does not discriminate against any qualified individual on the basis of sex, race, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, age, marital status, mental, physical or sensory disability, or any other classification protected by local, state, federal, and/or international law.
Job ID 4864365