Marketing Project Manager
The Marketing Project Manager position coordinates the planning, organization, control, integration, and completion (including financial validation) of major product marketing projects by performing the following duties. The individual will oversee and manage the complete life cycle of major product marketing projects identified by North American Tire Operations (NATO) as critical to achieving significant divisional operations improvement and business results and as assigned by the Manager, Marketing Project Team.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
* Manages cross-functional project teams the involving corporate, divisional and/or plant personnel.
* Utilizing benchmark or leading project management practice(s), ensures projects are completed in a timely manner according to plan and within budget funding.
* Develops and monitors scorecards for every assigned project across the facilities.
* Closely monitors progress of objectives, timeliness and budgets utilizing Detailed 4 Panel charts, MS Project Time-lines, SAP Budget Summaries, and other tools as necessary for proper status reporting.
* Utilizes a consistent, structured Stage Gate Review process to ensure quality of project planning and execution.
* Works closely with multiple disciplines including Sales, Finance, Technical, and Supply Chain to document and validate financial objectives are being met.
* Anticipates and overcomes bottlenecks and obstacles to completing projects.
* Works diligently to get projects that are off schedule back on schedule to the original due date of the project. Directly accountable for raising the issue to higher level management that a project is off schedule.
* Documents project progress and updates senior management regularly and as required by management.
* Keeps Project Management tools and skills current to assure successful execution of major projects
* Plans and implements programs, including defining the project philosophy, activities, milestones, and staff requirements, per client requirements. Plays a key role in the selection, balance, and prioritization of projects
* Provides periodic reports on the status of project milestones and adjusts schedules accordingly.
* Controls expenditures within limitations of project budget.
* Identifies project participation requirements (people resources) and coordinates the availability of resources with supporting organization managers.
* Coordinates preparation and delivery of project deliverables, design documents, and related items as necessary for efficient operation.
* Assigns and oversees project resources to specific phases or aspects of project such as technical studies, product design, preparation of specifications and technical plans, and product testing.
* Reviews project for compliance with project charter, company standards, customer contract requirements, and related specifications.
* Coordinates activities concerned with technical developments, scheduling, and resolving engineering design, test, and certification problems.
* Communicates regularly with peripheral functions and departments to ensure all parties are working together and prepared to meet planned time-lines.
* Interfaces with stakeholders to provide project status reports and ensure stakeholder needs are met. Prepares presentations and provides updates to middle and senior management as required. Prepares interim and completion project reports.
* Monitors design changes, specifications, and drawing releases and ensures changes are communicated and, where necessary, properly approved.
* Willing to travel and hold meetings during non-standard hours of the day (potentially accommodating global partners)
This job has no direct reports. Instead, this position must function in a matrix organization working with cross-functional teams that must collectively deliver the intended project.
5+ years of relevant work experience
PMP Certification or MPM
Advanced degree or MBA preferred