Senior Graphic Designer
Help us help our customers realize their dreams of a beautiful home! -Join The #1 Furniture Company-Join The #1 Furniture Brand
Ashley Furniture Industries, Inc. is the largest manufacturer of furniture in the world. Established in 1945, Ashley offers one of the industry's broadest product assortments to retail partners in 123 countries.
Our senior designer believes a great idea is just the beginning. Because they have the design capabilities to take it to the next level - and transform that great idea into a visual masterpiece. And then present it in a way that inspires others. If that sounds like you, we need to talk. Come join a group of passionate, hardworking creatives and work for one of the leading retailers in the world. Must have creative portfolio that demonstrates your rockstar abilities.
Primary Job Functions
* Create visually stunning designs for web and print.
* Create various forms of visual advertisements which includes print, in-store displays, digital and online advertising.
* Present visual ideas, design rationale, and detail to team members and executives
* Develop ideas and concepts into compelling visuals
* Design Point-of-Purchase (POP) materials, advertisements and new market introduction sheets and tags for furniture markets and buying group trade shows. This position would also focus on product line, features, newspaper advertising and web design for corporate promotional programs.
* Proficient in Adobe Creative Cloud design applications: Photoshop, Illustrator and Acrobat.
* Complete the design, layout and file implementation of POP, newspaper and in-store advertising materials for corporate Ashley dealers and buying groups.
* Ensure accuracy and fact-check all content and ensure timely delivery. Update and refresh content as needed.
* Demonstrate the Company's Core and Growth Values in the performance of all job functions
* Bachelor Degree in Communications, Marketing, English, Advertising or related field, or equivalent work experience, Required
* 3–5 years of relevant production work experience in an advertising agency, media or internal marketing communications department environment. Required
* Experience with Adobe Flash and Dreamweaver
* Well versed in all Adobe Creative Suite components, with an emphasis on InDesign, Photoshop and Illustrator
* Prior experience working on highly-recognized retail brand editorial
* Creative portfolio that demonstrates your creative talent
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
* Self-starter, excels in extremely fast-paced, deadline-oriented departments
* Effective time management and organizational skills
* Capable of leveraging multiple channels, including social media to promote content
* Maintains a positive and professional attitude that motivates others and promotes enthusiasm
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills
* Knowledge of lifestyle and design vocabulary, and elements of story structure, content, voice, tone and grammar
* Strong attention to detail
* Excellent interpersonal skills
* Work independently as well as in a team environment
* Document management system
* Analytical and problem solving skills
* Maintain confidentiality
* Working knowledge of Continuous Improvement
* Handle multiple projects simultaneously within established time constraints
* Strong skills in agility, along with the ability to pivot easily when directions and priorities change on short notice
* Work professionally with accounts and co-workers to efficiently serve our customers, treating all with enthusiasm and respect
* Display empathy, understanding and patience with employees and external customers
* Respond professionally in situations with difficult employee/vendor/customer issues or inquiries
Qualified applicants are encouraged to apply directly by clicking HERE or by copying and pasting this URL into their browser:
This job description does not constitute a written or implied contract of employment. The company reserves the right to revise or change job duties and responsibilities as the need arises. We are an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.