Event Marketing Manager
The News & Observer has an exciting opportunity for a Event Marketing Manager to join our dynamic and forward-thinking team! We provide the culture, tools, and environment for you to achieve unlimited success by offering great ideas and creation executions to local businesses.
* The event manager is responsible for imagining and executing an event strategy to drive new revenues and engage customers.
* The event manager is responsible for all event execution, from conception to completion.
* Responsible for managing a profitable event through focus on revenue growth from sponsorships and managing expenses.
* The event manager will provide all marketing support for the events, including sales collateral for sponsorship opportunities.
* Promotion of events via local efforts, PR and social media
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Successful Candidate will be responsible for:
* Along with the VP and Director, develop an event strategy that maximizes revenue and engages a wide variety of target audiences.
* Research venue options, analyze and negotiate venue proposals, review legal contracts, liaise and manage the venue though planning and execution phases.
* Develop and actively manage vendor/freelance talent relationships to ensure best available talent and pricing.
* Interact with the client services and sales team to find creative solutions for sponsor activations.
* Build and maintain effective internal client relationships, ensuring that all clients' needs are addressed in a timely manner and delivered throughout the event.
* Create and maintain organization documents and schedules for internal and external teams.
* Coordinate needs of all teams onsite and manage the onsite production team.
* Contribute to the overall vision and creative concepts of the production.
* Manage program budgets and offset costs through creative solutions.
* Reconcile invoices and program costs against budget.
* Problem-Solving Skills: Inevitably, something will go wrong at an event. Being able to quickly solve the issue is required.
* Conduct pre and post event evaluation surveys and reports on outcomes
* Performs other related duties as assigned.
* Creative: You are a thinker, not just a list checker. You're skilled at evaluating production- related requests and giving context to issues and find solutions when viable. You have experience overseeing the integrity of the creative treatment in all event deliverables.
* Diligent: You have flawless attention to detail. You are accustomed to working with tight deadlines, competing priorities and are calm under pressure.
* Experienced: You have strong project management, organizational and communication skills. You have a college degree and seven plus years of planning/production experience.
* Calm Under Pressure: Many things can go wrong during an event, and something eventually will. Event managers need to remain calm during crisis and the high pressure of an event in progress.
* Organized: Many things happen all at once at meetings. Event managers need to stay focused and organized so that the event goes off without a hitch.
* Computer Skills: Modern event planners rely on computers to communicate, plan, budget and organize their events.
Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience as an events, sales or marketing manager required.Must be proficient with Excel, PowerPoint, Google docs.The ideal candidate will have high attention to detail, high ideation and presentation skills. The ability to multi-task and thrive in a highly collaborative environment is a must. Must be self-motivated with strong work ethics.Must be able to handle and prioritize multiple demands from managers and sales staff.Must have strong oral and written communication skills as well as provide excellent customer service.Ability to interact with all levels of employees and clients with sensitivity and respect.Position requires reliable transportation and ability to light 25 pounds. Event manager will be asked to visit clients, event sites and asked to move various items such as tables, podiums, etc.
The fulltime position includes a competitive salary, commission program, and a comprehensive benefits package.
The News & Observer is an Equal Opportunity Employer.