Content Marketing Manager
- Full Time
About the role
This is a rare opportunity to help define, dream up, and generate category-defining content for Trulia. The right candidate will be energized by uncovering and sharing stories that build trust and awareness—and ultimately owning the conversation around community and neighborhood in the home buying and selling space. If we are successful, we will generate authentic connections with people that touch all parts of the Trulia business and build the brand in clear and measurable ways. This role will be instrumental in establishing Trulia's unique perspective and voice through building compelling new forms of storytelling across all owned channels.
* Oversee all consumer blog content from story generation to creation to development to production
* Test and optimize new blog content for SEO and identify and spearhead opportunities to grow SEO via evergreen content
* Define, build plans for, and act as internal owner of cross-platform integrated content programs
* Analyze content performance and use data insights to iterate, improve and maximize results
* Vision and ability to translate stories to multiple media (eg. video, infographics, photo essays, etc.)
* Assign stories to external and internal writers
Who you are
* Strategic thinker. You have more than a few examples of ways you've proudly executed on strategic content objectives
* A storyteller at heart. You are curious about people and you know how to find the interesting hooks and threads to actually make people care
* Driven by success metrics. Interesting stories are fine. Stories that "work" for the brand in measureable ways? Those stories are great
* A genuine collaborator. You are energized by working with people across all functions (design, UX, product, comms, research) and are considered a great colleague
* A words person. You have strong opinions about what makes for jargony writing. Blech
* Passionate about helping people. It's important to you to use your skills to make people's lives easier and more enjoyable—truly
* Obsessed with the details. A dangling modifier? Not ok
* A voracious learner. You read everything you can get your hands on and draw influences from all over the place
* Fast and experimental. Your motto? Let's give it a go!
Your skills and background include:
* 8+ years experience, preferably at a beloved consumer brand
* BA/BS in journalism, creative writing, communications, journalism or related field, preferred
* Typical start in journalism/creative writing, and/or creative marketing agency
* Knowledgeable and experienced in SEO best practices, online marketing, social media, digital journalism, and content syndication
* Expertise in AP Style
* Artful and precise with words and skilled at creating a compelling narrative
* Must have knowledge and experience using Web-based publishing tools such as WordPress
* Experienced at directing and managing a roster of freelance writers and editors
* Proven leadership skills and the ability to build and manage a team
* Proficient using Microsoft Office applications, specifically Excel
Get to know us
Trulia is a vibrant home-shopping marketplace focused on giving home buyers, sellers and renters the information they need to make better decisions about where to live. Trulia is part of Zillow Group, whose mission is to build the largest, most trusted and vibrant home-related marketplace in the world.
Zillow Group is owned, fueled and grown by innovators who help people make better, smarter decisions around all things home. We encourage one another at every level, and our efforts are supported by employee-driven, world-class benefits that enable us to enjoy our lives outside the office while building fulfilling careers that impact millions of individuals every day.
Zillow Group is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment with the best employees. Therefore, we provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, ethnicity, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law.