Graphic Designer - Temporary Assignment (4739)
Job Summary: The Graphic Design – Temporary Full-Time is a temporary, full-time hourly position with the Terrapin Beer Company Marketing department starting July 1st, 2017 and ending October 1st, 2017. This position is responsible for creating original and brand relevant graphic designs that parallel strategic sales & marketing objectives. This position will report directly to the Marketing Director.
Duties and Responsibilities:
* Able to work under tight production deadlines with an emphasis on originality and quality of work while managing multiple graphics projects.
* Active participant in all Marketing Department meetings and contributes equally to the conceptualizing of new ideas and objectives.
* Provide both internal and external clients with the highest level of customer and design services while adhering to established company values and expectations for professionalism.
* Under the direction of the Marketing Director, responsible for all Terrapin Beer Company print ads, posters, conceptual ideas, digital/website/banner ads and other relevant branding items. Must remain in concert with the established brand identity and strategic goals & objectives of Terrapin Beer Company Sales & Marketing department.
* Able to interpret conceptual ideas from staff for possible designs or amendments to existing artwork and make recommendations against or for such suggestions.
* Able to professionally represent Terrapin Beer Company in industry settings and in interacting with clients as needed.
* Able to thoroughly critique organizational Graphic Design best practices and finished products versus continually evolving industry standards and customer expectations.
* Create original design solutions for event, social media, merchandise and marketing collateral.
* Provide general administrative support as it pertains to Marketing and Sales related activities.
* Produce various forms of print and digital content supporting company-wide marketing and business development efforts.
* Assist in publicity initiatives - press releases, media relations, e-Marketing/email campaigns.
* Create and maintain quality graphics, sales collateral and manage photo library.
* Develop and communicate the overall Terrapin brand under the direction of the Marketing Director.
* Must be able to work 8-10 hour shifts and be able to work varying shifts dependent on operational business needs of the brewery.
* Performs other duties as assigned.
Knowledge & Skills Requirements:
This position requires a 4 year degree in Graphic Design, Fine Arts, Marketing or a similar degree program with 1-3 years' experience. Proficient in Adobe products for PC (specifically InDesign, Photoshop & Illustrator CC), Microsoft Office Suite and have experience with developing graphics content for social media platforms.
Must be self-motivated, have excellent written skills, verbal communication and a strong initiative-based work ethic. This position also requires excellent time management skills as well as very strong analytical and problem solving skills. Must be 21 years old.
Preferred Qualifications: 3-5+ years' experience in a similar job role within the craft beer industry. Video editing experience with Premier Pro or other relevant software. Graduate level education in relevant career field.
Terrapin Beer Company, LLC is a craft beer brewery located in Athens, Georgia dedicated to creating unique experiences through the passionate brewing of the finest-quality craft beers. Employee benefits include health, dental & vision insurance, profit-sharing, 401K and a rewarding environment based upon our culture, values and mission.
Terrapin Beer Company, LLC is an equal opportunity employer and will not tolerate discrimination against any employee or applicant seeking employment on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, public assistance status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.