Our vision at Petco is Healthier Pets. Happier People. Better World. We're making things better for pets, people and the planet through our Think Adoption First philosophy, the Petco Foundation and other important initiatives that focus on putting animals first, educating pet parents and reducing our carbon footprint. The journey starts with knowledgeable, passionately engaged associates who are proud to recommend Petco as a place to work, who believe in our Vision and who are committed to delivering a superior customer experience.
From our retail stores and our network of Distribution Centers to our Corporate offices, you'll work with others who share your values and commitment. We seek individuals who are passionate about animal welfare, have great people skills and are driven to grow and advance in their careers with us. Our ongoing growth is creating exceptional opportunities for professional development and personal enrichment throughout our organization.
Provide design concepts and complete creative design projects for Advertising in a leadership role. Collaborate and brainstorm with the Creative Design Manager and Creative Copy Manager to kick off all major initiatives in accordance with brand strategy. Manage assigned photography tasks with appropriate sources. In a leadership role with the Creative Design Manager, design and implement all projects with Sr. Designers and Production Artists. Manage Sr. Designers and Production Artists daily schedule and workload and provide art direction and field questions for all projects. Assist in Ad Planning with the Creative Design Manager and Copy Manager. Interface with the Copy Manager to ensure alignment of strategy both graphically and through messaging in all projects.
Essential Job Functions: The incumbent must be able to perform all of the following duties and responsibilities with or without a reasonable accommodation.
* Develop creative concepts around strategy with direction from the Creative Manager
* Direct Sr. Designers and Production Artists throughout the project to ensure creative consistency. that follows current brand style and strategy.
* Partner all involved clients to ensure brand strategy and objectives are met. Use their feedback and input in order to help create stronger strategies and expand on concepts that then are incorporated into the final artwork.
* Review advertising trends to help formulate PETCO's advertising strategy and approach with the Creative Design Manager. Review other retail and competitive advertising to stay current within the market trends.
* Generate creative solutions with the Creative Design Manager to turn concepts into powerful, targeted print pieces that support the brand objectives.
* Clearly communicate strategy changes that affect creative with team members.
* Ensure designers meet schedule deadlines and adjust according to work flow.
* Interact professionally and effectively through verbal and written communications with internal and outside vendor contacts with emphasis on company interest.
* Demonstrate strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
* Manage multiple priorities simultaneously.
* Manage Sr. Graphic Designers and Production Artists on their daily projects with guidance from the Creative Design Manager.
* Demonstrate computer leadership skills using all Mac Based programs.
Oversee and manage Sr. Graphic Designers and Production Artist under the authority of the Creative Design Manager.
Eighty five percent of job duties are performed indoors seated at a computer. Approximately 15% of job duties require local travel or travel required between L.A. Agency and Studios. There is little or no exposure to hazards.
The minimum educational background is a Bachelor's Degree, preferred in Marketing and Advertising Design and 5 + years experience in Advertising or Design. Experience should include project management and team leadership responsibilities. An equivalent amount of related experience and education may be substituted for a degree. This position requires a working knowledge of all MAC Programs and an advanced ability to generate and execute creative and artistic concepts and designs for categories and projects. Strong oral and written communication skills required. Presentation skills are a plus. Additionally, this position must have advanced skills and abilities in the following:
* Direct, persuade, and motivate others with the ability to flex style as the situation requires, and collaborate or empower as needed.
* Accomplish goals through partnerships built on mutual trust, fairness, integrity and honesty.
* Partner and negotiate effectively with agencies and internal PETCO associates
* Understand and communicate with a diverse set of leaders and associates at various levels and within various functional areas
* Manage multiple responsibilities with the talent to shift center of focus from one task to another with minimal challenge.