Marketing Project Manager II
We are looking for a proven and accomplished Marketing Project Manager who is experienced in overseeing guest-facing programs and initiatives to lead the development of our Loyalty, CRM, and Analytics technology platforms – enabling Ulta Beauty to leverage its capabilities to drive engagement with our most valuable customers.
This position is responsible for the overall deployment, coordination, implementation, execution, control and completion of specified projects which are consistent with company strategy, commitments and goals. This position will be responsible for interpreting, developing and driving Business Requirements for the Loyalty, CRM, and Analytics technology platform releases as well as driving Marketing projects through the entire lifecycle.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
* Accountable to provide project management to the Marketing team's most complex and cross-functional projects
* Responsible for leading all functional areas and project stakeholders to develop detailed Business Requirements for future development, comprehensively mapping use cases and processes to ensure internal processes are enabled and external customer needs are satisfied. This includes providing timely and accurate project documentation that follows Ulta Beauty standards and approval processes.
* Serve as the liaison with the IT Functional Analyst or vendor partners that will translate the business requirements into design specifications, ensuring the end design accurately reflects the business requirements
* Responsible for leading the ongoing development and implementation of the Loyalty, CRM, and Analytics platforms, which includes facilitating and/or providing: project objectives, direction, structure and communication strategy, planning, identification of required resources (internal & external), task allocation, documentation including status updates, controls and change management processes, risk mitigation including problem identification, escalation and solution agreement, and budget control.
* Oversees the Marketing projects portfolio and budget ensuring that projects are scheduled appropriately and budget dollars are forecasted to meet business needs
* Coordinates the annual Marketing capital budget planning with the Marketing business leaders in order to develop capabilities needed to execute on business strategies
* Drives ongoing improvement of processes, procedures and quality levels
* Provides overall projects dashboard and communications for the Marketing portfolio
* Use effective Project Management methodologies to lead the project team, ensuring project deliverables are met within agreed upon timeframe, costs and specifications
* Drive QA & UAT strategy development, and perform UAT testing according to created use cases
* Work with outside vendors, business partners and colleagues to ensure successful delivery of projects.
* Manages and coaches team members
* BS in Marketing or related field
* 7+ years in deploying/managing marketing program projects and infrastructures. Retail industry, CRM, and loyalty experience a plus.
* In-depth hands on experience in managing multiple sizable cross-functional projects from concept to completion.
* Demonstrated experience driving measurable results through customer marketing efforts utilizing Loyalty technologies
* A proven history of being able to influence business/ IT peers and management in the decision making and business case development processes
* Thorough knowledge of reporting tools, including hands-on experience with Adobe Campaign, BI, Excel, or comparable enterprise toolsets
* Ability to define opportunities and problems, collect and analyze data, establish facts and make valid conclusions
* Experience in developing Business Requirements, process mapping and flows and use cases
* Effective leader of cross functional teams and demonstrated experience in formal, measurable project management techniques that result in consistent and reliable team delivery
* Excellent Interpersonal, communication, and program management skills
* Innovative, critical thinker capable of operating both in a strategic capacity (big-picture perspective, asks "why") and a hands-on/execution capacity (detail-oriented)
* Strong sense of ownership, initiative, and urgency in addressing issues and following up
* Ability to manage conflict and influence and drive others towards consensus and resolution
SPECIAL POSITION REQUIREMENTS
* Regular Corporate Office hours