Direct Marketing Specialist
Posted Date: May-15-2017
Job ID: 7491
Job Type: Full Time
Job Function: Marketing
What's cool about this job
Here at the Co-op we believe that a life outdoors is a life well lived. We're looking for a specialist to join our Direct Marketing team that contributes in communicating our passion for helping others get outside a little more.
If you're an energetic, experienced direct/digital marketer with direct mail and/or email credentials, we'd love to chat with you. We're looking for a contributor that takes pride in the details, enjoys staying organized and works well in spreadsheets. You'll be managing the critical details of our work including priority product details, channel budgets and content assets. This role is on a high-performing team where team dynamics and collaboration are important to us. Being willing to jump in when the team needs you, is what we're about and it doesn't hurt having some fun along the way.
Knowing and loving the outdoors is not mandatory, but highly contagious.
Responsibilities for the role:
* A Direct Marketing Specialist contributes to REI's success by developing and managing campaign execution and requirements for the company-wide marketing calendar.
* Manages both direct mail and email priority lists including products, offers, inventory needs and ongoing business needs.
* Manages budget allocated Direct Marketing programs (Direct Mail, Email and Push Messaging).
* Manages the execution of strategic plans including tactical planning, resource management, budgeting, creative development, proofing, and recap of performance to apply to future campaigns.
* Responsibilities include relationship management between external & internal business partners.
* Managing technical email campaigns that are aligned to data-driven content.
* Manages cross-division to guide the development and implementation of direct marketing programs in support of all REI's sales channels (retail, online and direct sales).
* Collaborates closely with the direct team, Campaign stakeholders and numerous cross-divisional stakeholders.
* Models and acts in accordance with REI's guiding values and mission.
Bring your passion and expertise
* 3 + years experience in developing marketing plans and strategies in collaboration with cross-divisional partner teams.
* 3 + years experience with Direct Marketing Programs including Email, Direct Mail and/or App messaging.
* 3+ years experience authoring and managing project plans
* Experience working with content and creative teams including design and copywriting functions.
* Demonstrated understanding of marketing and cross-divisional processes and relationship needs.
* 2+ years experience working with a large budget (>$1M) across multiple media and vendor outlets. Comfort in making decisions within this budget and impact context.
* 1+ years experience in managing external vendors, partners, and relationships connecting to marketing programs preferred.
* 1+ years in process management, and working with technical teams on toolset/feature development.
* Expert skill level with MS-Office Tools: Excel, Powerpoint, Word, Access.
* Understanding of web analytics tools (example: Coremetrics, or Omniture).
* BA in Business, Marketing or a quantitative field preferred.
* Proven track record developing program plans that meet/exceed goals and managing program budgets.
* Ability to assess important market requirements and opportunities and identify competitive opportunities.
* Actively participates and collaborates with others on one's own team and across REI for the achievement of business goals.
* Flexible in one's viewpoints and positions in order to support the direction taken by others at REI.
* Uses business knowledge, innovative thinking, and sound judgment in the solution of problems or the pursuit of business opportunities.
* Consolidates information from various sources including feedback from others to reach sound decisions.
* Considers the ultimate impact of decisions and actions on internal and external customers.
* Works smart by setting effective work goals, establishing priorities, and planning well in order to produce quality work.
* Executes effectively by using resources efficiently, meeting deadlines, and keeping others informed of work plans and progress toward goals.
* Clearly conveys and accurately receives information by a variety of methods and in various situations.
* Builds rapport with all kinds of people inside and outside the organization.
Why you'll love it here
Join a passionate community of people who believe in one simple truth: an outdoor life is a life well-lived. REI is a co-op, born in the mountains of the Pacific Northwest in 1938. We're here to help our 5.5 million members have amazing experiences outside—and do the same ourselves. Bring your creativity, customer focus and enthusiasm for living life outdoors—we can't wait to meet you!
At REI we offer an enviable work environment that has been recognized on the "100 Best Companies to Work For" list since the award's inception – 20 years in a row! Sure, we work hard, but it's balanced with time off to play—a strategy that works for us as we continue to grow and thrive. Want to enjoy a workplace where you can be yourself, be heard and be respected while having a job that challenges you? This is the place.
With more than 140 retail locations (and growing), REI offers unique competitive benefits to its more than 12,000 employees, including healthcare, gear and apparel discounts, free equipment rentals and challenge grants to help employees reach personal outdoor goals, generous retirement plan contributions, public transit subsidy, adoptions assistance, paid sabbaticals, and more.
REI is an Equal Opportunity Employer