Events Marketing Manager
Neustar, Inc. (NYSE: NSR) As a global information services provider and leader in Connection Science, we know how to connect people, places, and things. Our marketing, risk, security, registry, and communications solutions help over 12,000 clients grow and guard their businesses. More information is available at www.neustar.biz.
R-1221 Events Marketing Manager (Open Date: 06/15/2017)
The Events Marketing Manager is responsible for building the strategy and executing the plan for specific external events including tradeshows, sponsorships, hosted customer events, internal events, and visits to our Customer Briefing Center (SOC/NOC).
This person will develop the overarching message across verticals and buying centers for consistency and relevancy in order to drive brand awareness and lead generation. This position works across sales, marketing, product, and product marketing to ensure alignment with our corporate strategy. This person will act as the team lead for each event, pulling the appropriate teams together for pre-planning and is the primary contact for all activation, logistics and execution.
Roles and Responsibilities
* Build the overall strategy and plan for each individual event including KPIs.
* Identify the goals and objectives for lead generation, brand awareness and customer/partner engagement to track to KPIs.
* Develop the messaging for each event by buying center and/or vertical to ensure alignment with the target audience.
* Create, manage and maintain the budget, tracking all deliverables by line item.
* Manage overall event team 60 days prior to each event. Host weekly calls with team, assigning action items as necessary. Follow up on all action items, review new deliverables, communicate goals and objectives, review event messaging and audience.
* Execute each individual event, activate on all deliverables, manage all logistics. This includes sponsorship deliverables, messaging for all graphics, appropriate collateral etc.
* Identify future events that align with our overall strategy gathering feedback from sales, demand gen, product, market development, etc.
* Work with demand generation on pre- and post-event communications ensuring that we are touching customers and prospects throughout the funnel process with relevant and targeted event messaging.
* Work with PR/AR on social media event plan, and any analyst activity that may be appropriate to each event.
* Manage success metrics and reporting, 30-60-90 days out.
* On-site management of events including training booth/event staff on etiquette and appropriate messaging
* Communicate and educate the sales team regarding new and planned events
* Forecast, measure, analyze and report on impact of events on revenue, brand lift where applicable, PR and coverage
* Product Marketing
* Demand Gen
* Creative Services
* Corporate Marketing
* Salesforce automation (Salesforce.com)
* Marketing automation (Marketo)
* Event Management Software (Event Farm, Eventbrite)
* Event impact on opportunities and revenue (Inquiry/Response Rates)
* Percentage of opportunities sourced
* Percentage of opportunities influenced
* Percentage of revenue sourced
* Increase in brand awareness to be determined by brand survey conducted by brand team as well as traction in verticals of focus
* Neustar mentions in publications in association to an event, stage presence or thought leadership sourced by an event
* Social Lift associated with event
* Database growth/health, maintenance and growth
* Base salary with bonus tied to goals
* Bachelor's degree required
* Minimum 7 years of experience in tradeshow planning/execution working on large and small events
* Some event marketing and corporate marketing experience
* Vendor negotiations and event evaluation experience
* Understanding of customer acquisition and brand marketing
* Experience working with event venues
* Familiarity and experience with reporting tools and methodologies
* Experience developing and creating tradeshow tools and assets
* Excellent written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills
* Detail oriented
* Problem Solver
* Results oriented
* Budget management
* Objective-driven planning and reporting
* Strong project management skills
* Creative thinking
Diversity, inclusion and teamwork are second nature to Neustar; and these values permeate our entire business structure. Neustar is committed to creating an environment where a wide spectrum of opinions and beliefs are actively sought, listened to and respected. Further, our talented workforce draws from the many geographic areas and markets in which Neustar operates worldwide, which represents a distinct competitive advantage. The rich and varied personal and professional backgrounds of our employees make Neustar a dynamic and rewarding company at which to build a career. We invite you to join us.
EOE of Minorities/Females/Vets/Disability
Neustar, Inc. considers all applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, or status as a Vietnam-era or special disabled veteran in accordance with federal law and other state and local requirements. Neustar, Inc., complies with applicable state and local laws prohibiting discrimination in employment and provides reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities in accordance with the American with Disabilities Act (ADA) and applicable state and local laws.