Program Manager, Direct Marketing
Posted Date: Jun-15-2017
Job ID: 7700
Job Type: Full Time
Job Function: Marketing
What's cool about this job
Here at the Co-op we believe that a life outdoors is a lifewell lived. We're looking for a Program Manager to join our Direct Marketingteam that contributes in communicating our passion for helping others getoutside a little more. If you're an energetic, experienced direct/digitalmarketer with email, direct mail, app messaging and/or GTM planningcredentials, we'd love to chat with you. We're looking for a contributor thatplans holistically for key events while takes pride in the details. Someone toknow the macro business needs while still enjoys a good spreadsheet. You'll bemanaging the GTM plans for major campaigns with specific goals in mind as wellas driving key channel strategies to keep us current and innovative. This roleis on a high-performing team where team dynamics and collaboration areimportant to us. Being willing to jump in when the team needs you, is whatwe're about and it doesn't hurt having some fun along the way. Knowing andloving the outdoors is not mandatory, but highly contagious.
Bring your passion and expertise
Responsibilities for the role:
* 5+ years direct marketing experience (email and/or print). A solid understanding of direct marketing including delivery, creative constraints and opportunities
* 3 + years experience in developing marketing plans and strategies in collaboration with cross-divisional partner teams.
* 3+ years experience authoring and managing project plans
* Experience working with content and creative teams including design and copywriting functions preferred.
* Demonstrated understanding of marketing and cross-divisional processes and relationship needs.
* 2+ years experience working with a large budget (>$1M) across multiple media and vendor outlets. Comfort in making decisions within this budget and impact context.
* 1+ years experience in managing external vendors, partners, and relationships connecting to marketing programs preferred.
* 1+ years in process management, and working with technical teams on toolset/feature development.
* Expert skill level with MS-Office Tools: Excel, Powerpoint, Word, Access.
* Understanding of web analytics tools (example: Coremetrics, or Omniture).
Why you'll love it here
Join a passionate community of people who believe in one simple truth: an outdoor life is a life well-lived. REI is a co-op, born in the mountains of the Pacific Northwest in 1938. We're here to help our over 6 million active members have amazing experiences outside—and do the same ourselves. Bring your creativity, customer focus and enthusiasm for living life outdoors—we can't wait to meet you!
At REI we offer an enviable work environment that has been recognized on the "100 Best Companies to Work For" list since the award's inception – 20 years in a row! Sure, we work hard, but it's balanced with time off to play—a strategy that works for us as we continue to grow and thrive. Want to enjoy a workplace where you can be yourself, be heard and be respected while having a job that challenges you? This is the place.
With more than 140 retail locations (and growing), REI offers unique competitive benefits to its more than 12,000 employees, including healthcare, gear and apparel discounts, free equipment rentals and challenge grants to help employees reach personal outdoor goals, generous retirement plan contributions, public transit subsidy, adoptions assistance, paid sabbaticals, and more.
REI is an Equal Opportunity Employer