Associate Creative Director, Copy, Marketing & Brand Management - Seattle, WA
At Starbucks, we have always believed in the importance of building a great, enduring company that balances profitability with a social conscience. We have high aspirations for the future and acquiring the right talent is paramount.
We're looking for an associate creative director, copy to join our award-winning Global Creative Studio.
The associate creative director, copy is a proven thought leader in both concept and strategy who shapes the creative direction of work—from retail promotions to packaging, naming, positioning and brand expression.
The associate creative director, copy is a keeper of the Starbucks and Teavana voices across all creative in Starbucks Global Creative Studio, making sure that the work the team produces is in line with our brand guidelines and connects with a larger and future-forward vision of the Starbucks and Teavana brands.
The associate creative director, copy partners with a design manager or associate creative director to lead the development of creative concepts, campaigns and promotions.
The associate creative director, copy collaborates with and inspires associate creative directors, design managers, designers, copywriters, illustrators and producers on projects, always ensuring that the quality of the concepts and the work meets Starbucks standards for creative excellence and brand.
The associate creative director, copy reports directly to the creative director and manages direct reports, balancing personal deliverables with ownership and responsibility of team's work and individual development, mentoring those on their team with a view toward fostering professional growth and commitment to Starbucks.
Duties and Responsibilities
* Serve as a standard bearer for Starbucks and Teavana voices and brands.
* Write, manage and lead teams across multiple projects simultaneously.
* Give clear and effective feedback on concepts and copy.
* Can effectively sell creative concepts, and influences across the Global Marketing Organization.
* Can confidently present creative concepts and rationales to sr. leadership.
* Guide cross-functional teams to develop seamless experiences for the customer.
* Concept and collaborate with team leads, including design managers, copywriters, designers, art directors, and illustrators.
* Nurture junior talent, providing clear direction and constructive feedback.
* Work with producers as a key point of contact for scheduling deadlines and helping to resolve resource and delivery issues.
* Work with marketing managers and planners to ensure creative concepts and tactics are on brand and strategically sound.
* Present and meet with business partners of all levels.
* Contribute to building and maintaining a strong team-oriented environment.
* Excellent creative concepting skills—must be a thought leader in ideas and strategy.
* Very strong writer, creating persuasive, original copy within an allotted time frame and budget.
* A minimum of 8 years experience in concepts and copywriting for an advertising agency or in-house creative studio.
* 2-4 years of experience managing creative teams.
* Online or physical portfolio of work to share.
* Innovative and inspiring creative solutions across marketing channels. Experience across retail, advertising, digital and branded solutions.
* A firm understanding and appreciation of the complete customer experience, regardless of channel or medium.
* Ability to juggle multiple projects and to delegate work effectively.
* Mediation skills—necessary to maintain good team chemistry and relations, and to sort out interpersonal conflicts as they arise.
* A strong desire to do brand-building, product-selling, and award-winning work.
* Marketing sense—must possess an ability and a passion in developing campaigns that can work in retail, across channels—as well as online.
* Demonstrated success presenting creative concepts to peers and leadership.
* Able to evaluate understanding of brief/objectives/strategy of business asks, and respond with questions, insights based on brief and question/challenge/support positioning.
* Creative leader with a demonstrated ability to brainstorm unique, engaging and relevant ideas, then bring them to life with team members.
Starbucks is an equal opportunity employer of all qualified individuals, including minorities, women, veterans & individuals with disabilities. Starbucks will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with all federal, state, and local ordinances.