Marketing Project Manager
Vaco is seeking a Marketing Project Manager for an awesome contract opportunity. This is a 12 month contract that could potentially be extended.
1. Demonstrates strategic project management best practices as it relates to the implementation of large, multi‑channel, cross‑functional marketing projects. Advises and directs project teams on the most efficient methods in executing project deliverables and tactics within the project timeline. Manages project risks and exhibits keen problem solving skills and ability to quickly mitigate project issues.
2. Manages up and across the organization in addition to negotiating, organizing and conducting meetings at all levels. Highly skilled in written and verbal communication, as well as presentation delivery as it relates to Marketing leadership communication.
3. Demonstrates the ability to review strategic marketing goals and translate the work into a tactical plan. Works collaboratively with marketing strategy to ensure objectives and deliverables meet the strategic goal while maintaining quality control throughout all project phases.
4. Shows exceptional skills in creating and managing project plans for marketing initiatives and campaigns to execute on time, accurately and within budget. Includes project planning, creating Work Breakdown Structures, building tactical plans and ongoing management, execution and implementation.
5. Manages and coordinates cross‑functional project teams, including securing proper functional alignment with key stakeholders and operating teams.
6. Has knowledge and experience managing projects that include event management, digital strategy & assets, print collateral, broadcast production (TV/Radio), NDM, Communications and PR strategy, third party vendors and/or marketing ‑advertising agencies.
7. Responsible for overall coordination, status reporting and stability of project‑oriented work efforts of assigned projects; ensuring on time, within budget, and high quality standards delivery that meets expectations. Ensures defined brand strategy is consistently applied during development of new internal and external materials including collateral, print, interactive media elements and public relations materials, as well as video productions.
8. Reviews new creative collateral for brand consistency and appropriateness, accountable for final sign off of select national, enterprise wide and strategic marketing pieces. Directs project activities to maintain progress, mutual interaction, and tasks of various parties in such a way that reduces the risk of failure, maximizes benefits, and restricts costs. Builds, develops, and grows business relationships with project stakeholders at multiple levels and multiple locations.
9. Maintains continuous alignment with defined strategic business objectives. Motivates and coordinates project team members and beyond, and influences them to take positive action and maintain accountability for their assigned work. Leads the implementation of projects as assigned.
Knowledge ‑ Requires thorough knowledge of general management methods; speak and write in a clear and understandable manner; requires general knowledge of all marketing channels (advertising, direct mail, media relations, online, off‑line media, multi‑media, etc.). Understands extremely complex verbal or written instructions. Must be well organized and systematic in work processes, possess excellent communication and collaboration skills with the ability to work effectively with groups and in the conduct of meetings; ability to work well individually within a team environment; delegate and share decision‑making with team members as appropriate. Must have strong leadership skills and be able to lead project personnel, exercising strong interpersonal skills; manage multiple projects simultaneously. Requires experience and knowledge with Microsoft Office tools gained through managing projects (PowerPoint, Visio, Excel, and Project). Has managed at least six large multi‑channel, cross‑functional, strategic marketing campaigns where consistent marketing project management tools were utilized. Has successfully transitioned a project to another project manager using a defined transition process. Thorough knowledge of English spelling, grammar and usage; excellent typing skills and detailed knowledge of all mediums of communications and tools used in those mediums to include understanding of the research, creation, production and distribution of end products; general knowledge of communications and copyright law; general knowledge of purchasing and inventory control; knowledge ordinarily acquired through bachelor's degree and at least 5 years' combined experience in Project Management and Marketing/Communications that involves project planning, project plan creation and ongoing management, execution and implementation. Familiar with PMP concepts as outlined in PMBOK such as understanding project life cycle and project phases, having familiarity with various organizational cultures and styles, creating a project charter and identifying stakeholders, estimating and planning project work, leading a project team, managing and controlling scope, closing projects and project phases, and conducting lessons learned. MBA is preferred. PMP certification is preferred.