Marketing Project Manager
Its time to discover your path! Finding the right career path in life is always an exciting goal to achieve. We believe that as a family and team; we work better when we are happy and passionate about what we do. We are dream makers and at The Travel Corporation its that passion that burns within us.
We are currently seeking a Marketing Project Manager to support our Family of Brands. So if you are interested in joining a team that places high value on innovation, customer service and giving back, then we would like to hear from you! Apply Today!
At Destination America we are incredibly passionate about the world we live in and how we can help your guests experience it in the most authentic and memorable ways possible. Its our mission to provide exceptional service and moments that will remain with them forever. There is a magic to this, something we like to call Wanderlust. We arent just talking about the idea of travel or going from one destination to the next. In order to open our minds, our hearts and our belief that the world is one globally connected community, we strive to ensure that when your guests travel with us they not only get to see these experiences, but breathe them.
Our team are not only travel experts; we are dream experts. We are dedicated, passionate and driven to ensure your guests experience everything the Americas have to offer in the most unique and awe-inspiring way possible. We know that planning your next trip can happen at any time. Were here to help ensure that the planning stage is just as exciting as getting out there and experiencing it.
The Marketing Manager will ensure the success of various projects, including but not limited to brochure production, passenger documentation, brand delivery management, operations collateral, business cycle timeline, etc. Manage entire project life cycles from inception and planning to execution and completion, ensuring that all projects are completed within a determined set of constraints such as time, human resources, budget and quality. Report directly to the President and act as prime interface with all project stakeholders, both internally and externally. Responsible for management of two employees.
ABOUT THE JOB WE ARE HIRING FOR:
* Develop and execute project plans, including timelines, process maps, etc., considering project goals and constraints (e.g. timeline, budget, human resources)
* Work in close collaboration with the President/Supervisor and all project key stakeholders, both internally and externally. This includes collaboration with global brand teams from sister companies
* Marshall resources (people, technology, etc.) necessary to complete project goals within organizational restraints
* Lead and coordinate all efforts to carry out projects through each stage until projects are completed
* Monitor project progress and provide formal and informal reports in verbal and/or written formats to management and/or stakeholders as directed
* Negotiate with stakeholders and resource gate keepers to ensure the project runs smoothly and according to plans
* Anticipate potential problems, delays, etc. through building contingencies and maintaining open dialog with project stakeholders and resource gate keepers
* Adjust project plans as necessary according to organizational needs and restraints
* Organize and lead meetings related to accomplishing project goals
* Manage Marketing team including payroll, HR and workload
* Brochure / Catalog / Passenger Documentation / Tour & Travel Publications / Marketing Collateral
* Provide product information content in a Contact Management System (CMS) to graphic and creative design teams
* Build and maintain tour information in CMS, working closely with creative design teams, web teams and guest documentation teams to meet requirements and ensure proper fit
* Develop and maintain image library and assist with image suggestions and promotional images for publications. Select visuals in accordance with product requirements
* Proof, review and edit content to ensure content accuracy, correct technical construction, proper grammar and general comprehension
* Negotiate print rates and time frames for on-tour collateral or one off projects printed locally
* Carry out all work in accordance with specific customer requirements and branding criteria.
* Designate publication copies to internal proofing product teams and record and report accurately all editing work received
* Create and update passenger documentation files using graphic design programs - InDesign
* Advise clients web teams of new or updated information in passenger documentation files; proof web information.
* Quality control checks and update product inventory spreadsheets used to coordinate passenger documentation in reservations system
* Action updates from Product and Operations Teams to ensure all tour information is accurately presented in all passenger publications
* Design Companys Sales & Marketing collateral in accordance with upper managements requirements and directives.
* Coordinate with all product vendors for advertisement and marketing collateral to ensure accuracy.
* Work closely with Director of Business Development and Web Team to ensure Companys website accuracy and regular product updates
WHAT WOULD A SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATE HAVE?
* 5+ years experience in managing projects and working with executives
* 2+ years in travel industry with an emphasis on tour operations preferred. Brochure/catalog production experience preferred
* Bachelor's Degree required
* Proficiency in Office 365 programs (SharePoint, Yammer, Sway, One Drive, Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint)required
* Proficiency in Adobe: In-design, Photoshop, Illustrator and Acrobat
* Ability to make good use of web tools and in-house technical resources, adapt to new technology, learn new programs quickly, and use computers to improve productivity
* Professional written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills
* Ability to motivate team and stakeholders to produce quality materials within tight time-frames and simultaneously manage several projects
* Ability to participate in and facilitate group meetings
* Planning and Organization: able to develop, implement and manage detailed project plans aligned with Company needs and goals, manage time and work flows, create effective team processes and timelines, monitor and respond to requests timely, work systematically/efficiently. Ability to manage multiple projects in a fast paced environment. Manage distractions and interruptions
* Composure/Adaptability: able to support change, encourage innovation and new ideas, handle pressure, adjust to meet changing needs, and handle conflict effectively
* Multi-Tasker: Ability to manage a multitude of projects at any given time with multiple deadlines. Superior project management, scheduling and organizational skills. Demonstrate persistent follow through and ability to juggle shifting priorities with ease. Must be able to take initiative and work independently, as well as part of a team. Passion for excellence
* Interpersonal Savvy: able to use good listening skills, be sensitive to internal and external clients and project stakeholders, adjust quickly to different personal styles, and stay open to other viewpoints
* Integrity/Trust: able to deal with others in a straightforward and honest manner, be accountable for actions, maintain confidentiality, and support Company values
* Client/Project Stakeholder Focus: must have a strong client/project stakeholder focus and a passion to consistently deliver and improve clients/project stakeholders deliverables. Ability to build confidence, set achievable expectations, assume responsibility for solving problems, ensure commitments are met, and solicit opinions and ideas from clients and project stakeholders. Committed to increasing satisfaction
* Learning/Problem Solving: able to understand the issues and underlying causes, apply new information quickly and solve problems creatively. Ability to identify problems quickly and develop and enact sensible solutions within departmental, Company and operational constraints
* Drive for Results/Action-Oriented: able to target and achieve results, set challenging goals, show positive energy and react instantly to changes, instill urgency in others, and meet deadlines
* Vision correctable to 20/20 with reasonable accommodation required
* Able to lift 20 lbs with reasonable accommodation preferred
BENEFITS & PERKS:
* Supportive, fun and friendly team environment
* Professional development for all employees
* Opportunity to learn all aspects of the travel industry
* On-going training program for all staff
* Competitive Wages
* Comprehensive health benefits (medical, dental & vision)
* 12 days' vacation to start
* 9 Holidays per year
* 401(k) retirement plan with employer matching contribution
* Tuition reimbursement program
* Volunteer Days (2 per year)
* Vacation Buy-up Program
* Employee referral incentives
* Ride-share incentives (carpooling, public transportation)
* Excellent travel discounts for employees, friends and family members
The Travel Corporation is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against race, color, creed, sex, gender, religion, marital status, age, national origin, sexual orientation, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state or local laws or ordinances.
To all recruitment agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes and are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.