Associate Media Planner, Integrated (entry level)
Media Storm (A Division of Water Cooler Group) NY
Associate Integrated Media Planner (Digital and Traditional)
The Associate Integrated Media Planner is a valuable member of the Strategic Planning team as they support the Planners in maintaining and stewarding of all media plans and assisting in the creation of media plan presentations.
Key Areas of Responsibility:
* The Associate Integrated Media Planner will assist with devising strategies and recommendations for media plans across all media, with an emphasis on digital media planning
* Develop a working knowledge of client's goals, guidelines and strategies and an understanding of how that is translated through strategic media planning techniques
* Responsible for creating media specific documents such as flowcharts, acquisition charts, posting / shipping instructions, Media Purchase Authorizations, Creative Delivery Charts and others
* The Associate Integrated Media Planner will provide research support for development of plans and objectives / strategies by investigating special opportunities with markets / vendors
* Revise / maintain all plans produced by Planners on a daily basis
* Check schedules / contracts and alert Planner(s) to any differences between buy and contract
* Rectify all billing discrepancies, with the help of Planner as necessary, within the designated timeframe
* Oversee trafficking and execution of online and offline campaigns; report on campaign tracking
* Campaign post buy development
* Maintain media budgets and overall budget summaries for various assigned accounts
* Coordination of outside vendor meetings and presentations. Maintain relationships with sales vendors from various websites
* Assist in creation of Media Plan presentations
* Provide research support during development of Objectives & Strategies and plans (tools: @Plan, Media Metrix, Nielsen-NetRatings, AdRelevance)
* POVs on key trends, sites, outlets, target overviews, etc.
* The Associate Integrated Media Planner will maintain good relations with other Media Storm departments and partners
* Bachelor's Degree required
* Internship or some work experience in an advertising / media agency
* Passion for media and marketing helpful
* Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously, have excellent prioritizing skills to meet daily, time-sensitive deadlines, and be capable of working in a fast paced, changing environment
* Must have strong attention to detail, follow through, and be organized
* Algebraic math skills a plus; analytical thinking skills a must
* Excellent verbal and written communications, including ability to demonstrate strong negotiation skills
* Proficiency in Excel is a must. Strong MS Office skills: Word, PowerPoint and Outlook.
Media Storm has deep roots in the entertainment industry, having helped 60 + network, cable and theatrical companies achieve unprecedented ratings, box office and brand awareness successes throughout our 15-year history. As entertainment media specialists we understand the environmental and cultural factors that drive awareness, develop preference and create action and apply the expertise to help iconic brands in hospitality, tourism, packaged goods, beverage, fashion retail, healthcare and the non-profit sector exceed sales, bookings and awareness goals everyday.