AWS Global Media Planner
Amazon Web Services (AWS) in Seattle, a subsidiary of Amazon.com and a leader in cloud computing, is seeking a talented and passionate advertising media planner to develop and implement our global media strategies.
In this role you will be responsible for planning, building and executing an integrated media strategy that is best suited for specific target audiences, campaign goals, and geographic areas. You will partner with cross-functional teams including but not limited to brand, creative, analytics, customer research, field marketing, and finance teams. You will also closely work with external advertising agencies, creative service firms, and other vendors in creating and implementing media plans through multiple marketing channels including digital, print, outdoor and TV. Our team is global, so you will work with teams across different continents and time zones. You will effectively this complexity through excellent organization skill, entrepreneurial spirt, the ability to influence others and strong cross-functional leadership.
The ideal candidate is a passionate has a clear track record of developing and executing breakthrough media strategies across traditional advertising formats as well as emerging digital platforms, while being familiar with the latest advancements in media and technology. This person will have a very strong right brain/left orientation and good judgment. She or he has high attention to detail including precise and effective customer communications and proven ability to manage multiple, competing priorities simultaneously. The person also has superior verbal and written communications skills and the ability to interact with senior management on a regular basis. She or he has international working experiences dealing with cultural differences and nuances.
* Lead the strategy, buying and execution of global advertising media to build brand awareness and consideration as well as support specific campaign goals and drive customer actions
* Manage media agencies in the strategic direction, execution, and post buy analysis
* Experiment and identify the appropriate media mix and ensuring the process and learning can scale globally
* Partner with creative teams to ensure our media strategies are aligned with our brand and messaging directions toward our business objectives
* Analyze the results of advertising campaigns in order to evaluate its effectiveness and use the data to plan future campaigns while building out our propriety database of testing results
* Work with advertising measurement tools and partner with research team to continually improve upon analytical success metrics related to advertising performance.
* Serve as the subject matter expert within AWS on media planning and media consumption trends of our target audiences across multiple geographical areas
* Drive consistent and innovative best practices across all stages of the campaign (planning, execution, buy management, and analytics)
* Understand business, marketing, and legal constraints and opportunities to drive the growth of the AWS brand
* Bachelor's degree
* 5+ years experience in traditional media buying and/or digital media buying
* 5+ years experience at a media agency, or as a brand manager managing agency partners.
* Excellent understanding of B2B brand advertising strategies especially in the digital and high-technology space.
* International work experiences outside of the US
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.
Apply for this job onlineApply
Email this job to a friendRefer
Share on your newsfeed