Marketing Product Manager (88-269)
Manage the plans and execution that drive the growth, profitability and attributes of our decking and railing product lines. Lead the development and implementation of new products and line extensions to increase conversion from wood and to increase Trex market share.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
Perform the following duties for assigned product lines:
* Drive sales and share of Trex Decking and Railing Categories.
* Manage research efforts in the area of consumer needs/desires for new products. Fully evaluate new product or line extension opportunities with regard to revenue and profitability potential, as well as fit with company strategic intent.
* Research needs and manage product enhancement programs, such as appearance, performance, and packaging improvements. Set quality standards and ensure adherence monitoring is in place.
* Manage new and existing product lines to achieve growth and profitability targets, including SKU rationalization, cost-reduction initiatives and pricing actions as appropriate. Take ownership for forecasting, service levels, and completion of day-to-day management/communication with other departments.
* Support daily activities on new product launches, product line maintenance, and commercialization efforts for the product team on other categories as defined to drive overall business growth.
* Lead cross-functional team (including outside consultants/suppliers) for new product/extension development and launches. Includes development of specifications, prototypes, manufacturing techniques, announcement plans, point of purchase info, and sales collateral.
* Drive positioning, advertising, merchandising and marketing development strategies for product lines. Work with internal support teams to execute.
* Act as company expert on competitive product offerings, analyze points of weakness or opportunity, and recommend Trex response to threats as necessary.
* Investigate and drive joint venture/cross promotion opportunities.
* Manage product line profitability, both in terms of costs and spending, to achieve P&L goals.
Position requires strong leadership, creativity and decision-making skills to formulate and implement cross-functional initiatives affecting the profitability and growth of the company. Position will involve investigation of technologies outside of current Trex expertise. Although this position will have limited capital spending authority, product extension and new products decisions may drive company expenditure of millions of dollars of capital. Position requires regular interaction with others, both within and outside of Trex, where the primary focus is to influence and drive outcomes. Contacts will involve dealing with persons of higher ranks to obtain agreements. Decisions made by this position may involve major expenditures for equipment, materials and products, and could have a substantial impact on sales.
* 4 year college degree, MBA degree preferred.
* 4+ years of relevant work experience required, preferably in Product Management
* Possesses strong presentation skills along with strong oral and written communication skills
* Combination of creativity and analytical abilities.
* Consumer product or branded building product management experience.
* Strong cross-functional leadership and project management abilities and the ability to be an effective team player.
* Proven record of successful new product launches.
* Must have strong negotiation skills and the ability to achieve results through others
* Manage multiple projects & priorities in a collaborative manner with all cross-functional departments.
* Outstanding organization skills with ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks and responsibilities
Job LocationWinchester, Virginia, United StatesPosition TypeFull-Time/Regular