Event Marketing Intern
THE JOB / Event Marketing Intern
Support the account teams of multiple clients that include partnerships with the following types of properties: NCAA, MLB, NASCAR, multiple NFL Franchises et al. The position will gain exposure to a full range of sponsorship marketing from brand activation to client hosting.
Potential responsibilities include managing administrative documents, pre-event planning, competitive research, on-site activation and event analysis. This position will work across multiple account teams. The candidate will also receive a project to be completed/presented by the end of summer. This internship will require between 35-40 hours per week from May through August 2017.
THE WORK YOU'LL DO
* Support account teams across multiple programs
* Assist with vendor management, premium inventory, event planning, and property research
* Assist with planning and execution of event marketing programs
* Prepare pre-event briefing materials on select programs
* Manage documents such as status reports, tracking documents and meeting notes
* Assist in the research and production of quarterly competitive reports
* Participate in brainstorms and creative ideation
* Manage select special projects
* Other duties as assigned
THE BIGGER TEAM YOU'LL JOIN
Where others see complexity, we see possibility.
Octagon is the global sports, entertainment and experiential marketing arm of the Interpublic Group.
But if that classification doesn't do it for you, and it shouldn't, let's take it a step further.
We are what we believe. And we believe that while the world of sports and entertainment is full of opportunities and possibilities, sometimes the amount of choice can seem a little overwhelming. Even daunting.
That's where we come into play.
At Octagon we inspire brands, talent, and our people to see the world for all its potential. We then help break down the complexity and push forward so you can make your next right move.
WHO WE'RE LOOKING FOR
* You have a passion for and expertise in sports and entertainment
* You must be in pursuit of a Bachelor's Degree in a related field
oJunior or Senior preferred
* Excellent organization skills and attention to detail
* Strong writing skills and ability to communicate clearly and professionally
* Basic knowledge of Microsoft Office (PowerPoint, Excel, Word)
* Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously and produce timely, quality work
* Personality traits: enthusiastic, confident, proactive and intellectually curious
* Valid driver's license, clean driving record and comfortable driving long distances
* Ability to lift up to 35 lbs
Octagon is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, disability or protected veteran status.