Content Marketing Manager
Roku is looking for a Content Marketing Manager who will help drive strategy and execution for services and features that promote discovery and viewership of content available on the Roku platform. The candidate should enjoy working in a dynamic, fast-paced environment in a highly competitive marketplace and have a track record of executing a diverse range of marketing activities.
This role will support overall market positioning and messaging, developing marketing strategy, and coordinating a cross-functional team to promote Roku's content-driven product initiatives. The ideal candidate should be a self-starter with a passion for TV who works effectively in a team. The candidate should have experience in the entertainment and/or technology industry promoting and developing audiences and promoting content and related services. The ideal candidate has excellent written and verbal communication skills, attention to detail, strong timeline management, and is a creative problem solver.
* Support the Product Marketing Director with positioning and messaging for all content-related initiatives that differentiate Roku in the marketplace.
* Monitor current content and entertainment distribution landscape across both streaming and traditional linear TV services. Report learnings on a quarterly basis.
* Coordinate the launch of all content-driven initiatives, services and features and manage the cross-functional marketing strategy and execution.
* Work directly with creative, editorial and audience development teams to coordinate delivery of regular on-device banner ads to promote Roku's content initiatives.
* Lead coordination and communication with external content partners and studios, and serve as point person for obtaining approvals for marketing materials.
* Drive sustained marketing efforts for Roku's content initiatives including development of regular email communications and coordination with lifecycle marketing teams for targeting and distribution to consumers.
* Oversee planning, copy writing, and asset creation for content-focused editorial materials including blog posts, video scripts, web copy and core messaging for use in external marketing channels.
* Manage and update repository of marketing assets to ensure relevant, approved assets are available for use by cross-functional marketing team.
* Coordinate with editorial and analytics teams to identify specific content or titles to promote for upcoming marketing campaigns.
* Work with retail sales and marketing team to develop materials and messaging for promotion of content initiatives and features within retail sales channel.
* Identify additional opportunities to promote Roku's content initiatives through partners, media, social, retail and other channels.
* Focus on desired results, determining what is important and urgent, clarifying next steps and prioritizing work effectively to meet deadlines.
* 5-7 years of Product Marketing experience in entertainment, content distribution, distribution marketing, streaming services or other related field.
* Demonstrated track record of success across a wide spectrum of marketing activities.
* Outstanding written and verbal communication skills, as well as the ability to persuade, inspire, and motivate others.
* Strong attention to detail, excellent organization skills, and ability to manage multiple projects and responsibilities.
* Experience communicating with executive level management.
* Bachelor's degree required. MBA preferred.
* International experience a plus.