SEO and Digital Marketing Manager
Extra Space Storage is currently hiring for an SEO and Digital Marketing Manager for our corporate offices in Salt Lake City, UT. In this position you will be a key member of the SEO team, supporting exciting, cutting-edge projects and strategies that drive company performance through optimized website experiences and achieving top visibility in search engines.
What you'll be doing:
* Be the internal expert and advocate on a variety of SEO initiatives relating to on-site SEO, technical SEO, and content creation, and stay current on all SEO best practices.
* Work within a collaborative environment with team members in UX, brand, social, content, and web development to develop digital marketing strategies that provide sustainable competitive advantage. Develop initiatives to implement those strategies, and drive those initiatives to successful completion. Provide leadership and project management skills to ensure projects run smoothly.
* Optimize content (including blog, e-commerce pages, and off-site content) for maximum SEO performance.
* Act as the SEO representative for collaborative content creation initiatives
* Coordinate content created by external partners and agencies
* Develop standards and guidelines for SEO optimized content to be followed by external partners and agencies
* Develop and execute digital marketing initiatives aimed at driving backlinks to the website.
* Identify and develop SEO strategies for maximizing the exposure of EXR's strategic partnerships by creating content and link opportunities between EXR and its partners.
* Develop other creative link earning campaigns, then plan and execute those campaigns.
* Manage the Extra Space blog, including administration, technical optimization, developing and maintaining style guides, and blog best practices to support positive user experiences and SEO value.
* Report on KPIs for blog and other site content performance to measure bottom line performance and help the content team continually improve results.
What you'll need to be successful:
* Bachelor's degree from a four-year college or university
* 3-5 years of content marketing and SEO experience
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to make persuasive presentations to peer groups and superiors.
* Ability to effectively communicate and build relationships with internal and external partners.
* Confident working in a fast-paced environment while meeting changing deadlines and priorities on multiple simultaneous projects.
* Proven experience in being very organized, accurate, timely and reliable.
* Highly motivated to drive performance and generate team and company success.
* Ability to maintain self-motivation and operate with an entrepreneurial mindset.
* Ability to adapt and apply new technologies to marketing practices and programs.
We pride ourselves on hiring top talent and provide you the following benefits and more:
* Well defined career paths
* Qualify for Medical, Dental, and Vision benefits on Day 1
* Health Savings Account (HSA) or Flexible Spending (FSA)
* Company paid Life, AD&D, and Short & Long Term Disability
* 401K with company match after 90 days of service
* Holiday pay and paid time off
* Extensive Wellness Program and various Employee Discount Programs
* Personal Health Advocate
* Free soda, coffee, and drinks all day every day and much, much more!
If you are a current Extra Space employee, please apply through the "Find Internal Career Openings" in Workday