Initiative - Senior Communications Designer (Senior Media Planner) (20146955)
As Senior Communications Designer, you are an important part of the creation of the most appropriate communications plan for your client to achieve their business goals. You are responsible for helping to strategize, produce and make sense of the key media, consumer and market intelligence required to your clients' connections plan.
You have a passion for brands, media and ideas, and within the team are considered the go-to-person on the latest news and innovations going on in media. You spend time with media partners understanding their offerings in detail, and are up to speed on all the intricate tactics available to brands today – from new platforms, to new targeting opportunities. You are an important part of the idea design, and the development of the communications architecture and tactics.
In this role, you produce and analyze consumer, brand and marketing intelligence for the communications plan development. You have a good understanding of the communications planning process, and are able to help mine through tools like Matrix and audience and competitive data from MRI, client and desk research, and Kantar, to set the most appropriate communications goals for a given task, and understand the right channels and approaches to take. However, you don't stop at the fundamentals, and are also able to use social listening data, search trends, wider audience trend information and other ideas as dynamic inputs to the communications approach.
* Contributor to impactful communications plan development to meet client needs and deliver communications idea
* Responsible for accurate ongoing management and team dissemination of client owned and shared asset audit to enable true OESP planning
* Provide communications and audience intelligence and data inputs through the application of syndicated and proprietary systems for communications design goal setting and decision making
* Work with media vendors and partnership team to maintain and share intelligence regarding media opportunities as it relates to client's audiences and categories, for use in planning and ideation
* Support the Communication Design Directors in researching relevant innovations, audience trends & Partnerships opportunities with the ability to provide the Strategy team with actionable insights
* Contribute to the ideation team sessions in conjunction with the Strategy team and relevant Specialty Business Units to generate creative & compelling connections idea
* Contributor to Specialty Business Units revenue growth through planning outcomes
* Contributor to organic revenue from communications design
* New Business
* Participation in new business as required
* Bachelor degree in related field or equivalent work experience
* 2+ years in integrated media planning role in media, publisher/vendor, or communications discipline (digital, content)
* Category or audience experience as relevant per assignment
* Proven ability to develop and maintain strong professional relationships with clients, colleagues, and vendors
* Excellent written, verbal communication and presentation skills
* Strong time-management and organizational skills
* Required PC proficiency and solid working knowledge of Microsoft Office (MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
* Experience analyzing data and market research
* Experience delegating assignments to junior staff
Initiative is different to other media agencies. We are not trapped by a legacy structure primarily centered on paid advertising. Instead, we are liberated by a new world structure designed to deliver highly differentiated and highly effective communications strategies for our clients. We're not the biggest agency in town. So rather than outsize our competitors we must outsmart them. That's why we've built the strongest strategic capability of any agency in the market. Core to this strategic capability is an obsession with culture and how brands can pivot from brand advertising (which is forgettable) to cultural branding (which is highly memorable). Our new world model is comprised of five central "craft centers" – Client Advice and Management, Strategy, Communications Design, Partnerships, and Analytics.