Content Marketing Manager
Jackson National Life Distributors LLC (JNLD) has an opening for a Content Marketing Manager.
The Content Marketing Manager position requires knowledge of omnichannel and multichannel marketing and the financial services industry. The individual in this role is responsible for creating, improving and maintaining content across multiple media to achieve our business goals. Your duties will also include implementing, under the direction of the VP, Marketing and Digital Strategy Group, a variety of projects to drive the growth, brand awereness and positioning strategies of the Jackson business.
The responsibilities of this position include working with cross-functional workstreams and external partners to launch new marketing programs and initiatives, develop recommendations for future initiatives and efficiency improvements, and analyze and report on multichannel marketing and financial industry metrics. Our ideal candidate is an experienced professional with demonstrable creative writing skills and strategic and analytical capabilities. The person in this role should have a financial services background and be able to effectively communicate technical financial information to people with a lesser understanding of the financial services industry.
Essential Job Duties & Responsibilities
* Implement and manage content strategy aligned with short-term and long-term marketing targets
* Work collaboratively with both internal and external resources to help initiate, drive, design and implement a wide-range of content across multiple media and distribution channels to support Jackson business.
* Establish and manage expectations of external partners, including the responsibility of setting reasonable timelines and expectations to ensure overall service and quality while meeting cross-functional objectives.
* Lead the strategy development and production of integrated marketing materials including, but not limited to web, print material, presentations, emails, blog posts, social posts, and digital advertising.
* Ensure content delivers against company goals and industry standards.
* Deliver a high volume of materials in a timely and efficient manner.
* Analyze current financial, variable annuity, and mutual funds industry trends to develop coinciding content.
* Compile financial data for use in content across online and offline channels.
* Research and provide sources for marketing content focused on subjects including market trends, annuities, taxes, alternative investing.
* Provide cost justification for new initiatives.
* Liaise with content writers to ensure brand consistency
* Optimize content according to SEO
* Ensure accuracy of statements and data in compliance with regulations and law (e.g. copyright and data protection)
Job Description (Knowledge, Skills & Abilities)
* Ability to collaborate and gain consensus from internal and external stakeholders
* Ability to manage internal and external stakeholder expectations
* Ability to understand and translate complex financial industry issues into smart marketing solutions.
* Knowledge of SEO, web content optimization, digital advertising, social media, metrics and analytics, marketing automation, and content management software.
* Proven ability to collaborate on complex projects with cross-functional teams and to deliver results in a fast-paced, deadline oriented environment.
* Excellent written and oral communication skills; active listener; able to communicate in all forms across the company; strong presentation skills in both large and small group settings; able to speak/write clearly and succinctly in a variety of communication settings and styles to a variety of audiences; can get messages across that have the desired effect.
* Proven ability to follow company and regulatory policies and procedures
* Outstanding organization and project management skills to ensure tight deadlines are met both internally and externally.
* Strong individual contributor to the development and execution of marketing plans.
* Highly developed analytic and problem-solving skills.
* Ability to handle multiple and diverse tasks under deadline pressure;
* Excellent interpersonal skills.
* Demonstrated initiative and ability in defining and undertaking work assignments with minimal supervision.
* Evidence of good judgment, creativity, inquisitiveness, and perseverance in past work or educational experience.
* Ability to collect, analyze, manipulate and synthesize complex data.
Education and Experience Required
* Bachelor's Degree
* FINRA series 6 or ability to obtain within 6 months of employment
* 5 years of experience