Marketing Copywriter Intern
Why You'll Love Working Here:
Working at TechSmith gives you a chance to hone your skills in an open, collaborative, and innovative environment where you can be excited to come into work every single day.
We are a technological melting pot, comprised of nearly 250 uniquely skilled human beings that will continue to stretch your comfort zone – but in a good way. And speaking of comfort, who doesn't love to show up to work in jeans, eat free snacks, and drink free pop?
With great products and great people behind them, we are always looking for passionate, fun, and, hard working individuals who truly enjoy coming to work and doing what they love. Sounds like you? We'd love to chat.
TechSmith is looking for a Marketing Copywriter Intern to join the creative team in our Marketing department. This internship will involve plenty of hands-on work…along with some research and idea generation. We're looking for someone who gets excited about writing for multiple audiences and conveying emotion with words, and who's eager to make a real contribution to a well-established brand.
As a Marketing Copywriter Intern at TechSmith, you will get to work on a wide variety of projects alongside our full-time content specialists. This is a great opportunity to develop as a professional writer in a fun, fast-paced learning environment.
* Research and draft multiple types of content, such as customer case studies, blog posts, white papers, social media posts, website content, sales collateral, talking points, slide decks, email content, etc.
* Work effectively with stakeholders to interpret their needs, create compelling content, collect and implement feedback and present it in a professional manner
* Help ensure that content has the correct tone and language for the target persona
* Draft, edit, and proofread copy for TechSmith marketing and sales initiatives, collaborating with designers to complete most projects
* Work with other members of the marketing team to ensure all content uses a consistent tone and voice
* Help populate & schedule content into programs which share out TechSmith content (Bambu, Social Media channels, SharePoint, etc)
* Attend interviews with TechSmith customers to turn their stories into case studies, quotes and stories
* Write social media responses and messaging
* Write & edit blog content
* Queue up items for publishing
* Research and track target keywords and key phrases
* Help research competitor & partner content and messaging
* Create highly shareable graphics to complement written content
* Other duties as assigned
Required Skills and Background:
* Communicate project details with stakeholders and other team members
* Collaborate with marketing video producers, writers, product managers, and other stakeholders to meet goals and optimize any campaigns performance
* You must be enrolled as a full time student in order to be considered for an internship with TechSmith Corporation
* Working knowledge of the Adobe Creative Suite including Illustrator, InDesign, Photoshop, and Dreamweaver
* Create content that adheres to TechSmith's style guide
* Ability to communicate effectively through writing and visual design
* Must be able to learn new software quickly
* Need to work well independently and in groups, inside and outside of the department
* Ability to give and receive detailed feedback
* Comfortable working in a fast paced environment
* You must be legally authorized to work in the United States
* During school you must be able to work a minimum of 15 hours per work, maximum of 28 hours per week
Compensation and Perks:
Competitive pay based on skills and experience. This is an hourly position with TechSmith Corporation. Hours are based on a consensus between you and your supervisor. We require a minimum of 15 hours per week, however hours are limited to 28 hours per week.