Sr. Content Marketing Manager
DEPARTMENT: Content Marketing
REPORTS TO: Content Marketing Director
People love great stories. That's why we believe content marketing is the best way for brands to engage with consumers, winning over the hearts and minds of our audiences with relevant, valuable content delivered to them in the right place at the right time.
The Sr. Content Marketing Manager reports to the Content Marketing Director and assists with identifying and planning how and where to tell great stories for clients across a variety of channels and formats that achieve business objectives.
Our ideal candidate is knowledgeable and passionate about the intersection of storytelling, media, technology, and data, and has excellent writing, editing, and communication skills. Candidate should be obsessed with the changing landscape of media and well-versed in Snapchat, Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, Twitter, chatbots, voice-recognition technology, as well as other emerging platforms.
* Assist the Associate Content Marketing Director in developing overall content strategy based on client business objectives and customer needs.
* Support the development of content marketing plans with outputs including brand voice & tone, audience personas, consumer journeys, content ecosystems, and messaging frameworks.
* Ensure that all content created aligns with broader strategy, channel best practices, audience usage, and trends.
* Stay on top of the latest trends in content marketing, digital platforms, and social media, and determine how to keep our content on the cutting edge; proactively share these insights with clients and agency teams.
* Be a strong partner to Strategy, Creative, Media, and Analytics teams, helping our agency experiment and adopt new platforms faster and more efficiently, and to expand our media and creative possibilities.
* Collaborate with Strategy team to understand and deliver insights rooted in the intersection of the audience and the brand message/goals.
* Work closely with Creative teams on guiding brand tone, content planning, and provide strategic feedback rooted in best practices for specific channels.
* Serve as a central connection point with Media Planning, ensuring content creation complements its distribution plan.
* Work with Analytics team to understand what success looks like across a number of platforms; make decisions about future initiatives based on data and performance.
* 5+ years of social or digital media, content marketing and/or editorial experience
* Bachelor's Degree in Mass Communications, Journalism, Marketing, Advertising or a related field
* Experience in storytelling in a variety of formats and an understanding of how to create content that draws an audience
* Deep knowledge of social media best practices, trends, and new platforms
* Strong relationship management skills – both internal and client-facing
* Entrepreneurial spirit