Drive restaurant sales and profitability by identifying, developing, and implementing branding, menu promotions, national and regional marketing programs and other marketing initiatives for brand
* Brand Strategy and Stewardship
o Develop a deep understanding of the brand and its challenges & opportunities.
o Use data, insight and intuition to develop strategic recommendations on brand definition and brand building strategies to senior leadership.
o Identify, build and execute brand building marketing initiatives.
o Set vision for the brand, along with Director of Marketing, and align key internal stakeholders
o Proactively drive sales and brand through marketing
o Define, promote and protect brand voice, target audience, brand positioning and visuals. Partner with Creative Services to ensure utilization and compliance in all printed & digital content.
* National Marketing
o Set the strategic direction for, develop and implement national marketing initiatives for assigned menu categories including promotional calendar windows, LTO initiatives and/or other promotional offers & initiatives resulting in the achievement of defined financial and brand metrics
o Direct all marketing aspects of national marketing initiatives (photo shoots, copywriting, merchandising, collateral, etc.).
o Develop and implement cross menu category consumer promotions
o Drive sales through loyalty program.
o Define and build strategies behind key consumer segments
o Write strategic and tactical briefs for initiatives – from culinary to graphic design
o Research & analyze in partnership with the Marketing Analyst current and past promotional initiative results to capture best practices and foster continuous improvement
o Keep on top of key industry trends and best practices to ensure promotional initiatives are best in class
* Menu and Beverage Strategy
o Define the core menu & LTO strategy for brand, hitting key financial & brand metrics set for the menu categories utilizing a strong understanding of the core / new guests and knowledge of key industry dynamics, trends and success factors.
* Marketing Calendar Development and Execution
o Lead the Innovation to Market Process through cross functional team, in partnership with Director of Project Management. Define objectives, strategy, rationale and KPIs for all promotions. Ensure on-time, on budget and seamless rollouts to restaurants
o Develop marketing communication strategy through all consumer touch points – within restaurants and outside via advertising, local marketing, digital, social and more
* Pricing Analytics and Execution
o Using data-driven techniques in partnership with our 3rd party consultant to ensure that prices are optimized for the assigned menu categories
* Competitive Analysis
o Keeps up with trends and exercises a working knowledge of competition
o Execute consumer research to capture customer profiles, trends, etc.
o Proactively plan marketing activities and campaigns well in advance
o Set objectives, KPIs and measure performance – provide learnings to leadership
o Ensure execution in field, partnering with training and operations for roll out
* Financial Management
o Management of all marketing costs related to brand
o Find efficiencies in cost and process
o Deliver positive ROI on marketing spend
* Other Duties as Assigned
* Bachelor's degree in marketing or a related field, MBA preferred.
* 5+ years' relevant experience in marketing required
* Experience in a multi-unit retail or restaurant environment strongly preferred.
* Self-starter, assertive, go-getter with high energy and desire to drive the business
* Strong sense of ownership and accountability
* Demonstrated ability to manage projects independently, handle multiple tasks and assignments simultaneously in a fast paced environment
* Strong analytical skills and business acumen
* Resourcefulness in solving problems
* Ability to build productive cross-functional relationships to support the strategic goals of the organization
* Strong written and verbal communication skills; must be able to lead and influence others. Strong public speaking skills
* Excellent people skills and an upbeat, enthusiastic attitude
* Strong organizational skills, keen attention to detail and follow through
* Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint
* Work is completed in a general office environment.