Help us help our customers realize their dreams of a beautiful home! -Join The #1 Furniture Company-Join The #1 Furniture Brand
Ashley Furniture Industries, Inc. is the largest manufacturer of furniture in the world. Established in 1945, Ashley offers one of the industry's broadest product assortments to retail partners in 123 countries.
Design, Build, Deliver:
Using our internationally acclaimed in-house design team, we create the look without paying expensive design fees. Then, by adhering to some of the most efficient production standards in the world, we are able to maximize productivity and minimize waste, generating additional savings for you. Finally, all orders are filled from strategically located regional warehouses and are serviced by our own fleet of trucks, the largest in the industry.
http://ashleyfurniture.avature.net/ashleyfurniturecareers?jobId=3248&source=Monster Click Here to Apply!
The Graphic Designer is responsible for following various brand directions while creating all the necessary advertising elements for marketing campaigns. This position is accountable for fulfilling numerous advertising and marketing creative requests directly from sales teams for Ashley retail partners. This position will graphically create and build multi-channel advertising designs for retail partners.
The Graphic Designer will also develop and translate design concepts into complete, refined layouts and production art.
The Graphic Designer is responsible for the successful creation and production of design solutions for assigned projects. This position will follow the creative direction of senior management and plan and direct all aspects of assigned projects and serve as a leading member of the Creative Marketing team.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
* Create various forms of visual advertisements which includes print, in-store displays, digital and online advertising.
* Work to create a complete marketing campaign, working with various members of the Creative Marketing team.
* Build advertising campaigns around the numerous dedicated spaces in multiple departments.
* Assist in creating a variety of in-store marketing displays for four furniture markets held annually.
* Learn and understand a wide variety of products in all Ashley divisions to effectively call out specific features and benefits of products in advertising campaigns.
* Develop and design standard corporate advertising materials for internal groups and external agencies for trade and business magazine advertisements, market periodicals, product catalogs and web design.
* Design Point-of-Purchase (POP) materials, advertisements and new market introduction sheets and tags for furniture markets and buying group trade shows. This position would also focus on product line, features, newspaper advertising and web design for corporate promotional programs.
* Complete the design, layout and file implementation of POP, newspaper and in-store advertising materials for corporate Ashley dealers and buying groups.
* Responsible for equipment, software, training, research and upgrades for marketing and advertising and the Graphic Design department, by using thorough knowledge of typography, color and printing production, and current, up-to-date technologies to improve productivity and reduce costs. Serve as the department resource for creating computer-generated visual elements including illustration, type collage and ancillary effects.
* 6 months' experience in Marketing and Advertising, Required
* Bachelor Degree in Graphic Design, or equivalent work experience, Required
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
* Experience with Adobe Flash and Dreamweaver
* Well versed in all Adobe Creative Suite components, with an emphasis on InDesign, Photoshop and Illustrator
* Effective time management and organizational skills
* Work independently as well as in a team environment
* Flexible and maintains composure as demands change
* Working knowledge of Continuous Improvement
* Handle multiple projects simultaneously within established time constraints
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills
* Excellent interpersonal skills
* Strong attention to detail
* Proficient computer skills, including experience with Microsoft Office Suite, internet
* Perform under strong demands in a fast-paced environment
* Can effectively interact with staff at various levels of the organization
* Respond professionally in situations with difficult employee/vendor/customer issues or inquiries
We are an equal opportunity employer and provide a drug free working environment. While Ashley appreciates the interest of all candidates only those meeting specific position requirements may be contacted. Principals Only.