CRM Marketing Manager
Reach Your Peak at Vail Resorts. You're someone who pushes boundaries and challenges the status quo. You're brave, ambitious and passionate in everything you do. And we want you on our team. Pursue your fullest potential and never settle in the quest to deliver extraordinary guest service. Join one of the world's most innovative companies and re-imagine a mountain resort experience with us. Welcome to Vail Resorts. Reach Your Peak.
Welcome to Vail Resorts. Reach Your Peak.
Summary of Job:
Manage Vail Resorts' multi-channel relationship marketing communications, with a strong emphasis on email, from strategy to list pull to deployment in driving the CRM objectives forward for the Vail Resorts Retail division.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
* Work as the expert within Vail Resorts to implement all multichannel marketing campaigns (email, DM, mobile) for Vail Resorts Retail & Rental stores.
* Use in depth marketing industry knowledge, gather primary and secondary customer insights, collect database findings, and gain a deep understanding of internal business goals to develop impactful contact strategy, email content, landing pages, direct mail pieces, segmentation schemes, and email preferences while maintaining industry best practices including browser/client compatibility, appearance of subject lines, use of images, postal regulations, etc.
* Serve as a key partner and resource expert for brand, division, resort, and corporate marketing leadership to ensure integration of CRM into marketing strategy and traditional marketing plans. Continually build the relationship with all partners and consumers of the CRM functional area to ensure CRM is at the forefront of everyone's agenda and solidly defined/interwoven into their planning.
* Understand complex CRM systems/data and effectively translate this knowledge into solutions that automate processes and increase our ability to dynamically personalize customer and prospect communications.
* Effectively create and interpret campaign results distilling this knowledge into solutions that improve enterprise wide marketing campaign performance.
* Provide specialized expertise for the marketing discipline across acquisition, retention, churn management, deliverability, and CAN-SPAM compliance.
* Develop/create HTML email templates, recommending template enhancements or changes as needed. Plan and execute email tests, report results and make recommendations for improvements based on those results.
* Perform customer list querying and compilation, ad hoc analysis, and data capture initiatives.
* Work with external and internal creative resources to develop effective designs for all marketing communications and supporting digital experiences.
* Manage and optimize the design, content, layout, customer segmentation and messaging strategies of marketing communications.
* Manage the direct, email, and mobile campaign development and QA process including proofing list pulls and creative.
* Other duties as assigned.
* Bachelor's degree in Business, Marketing, Communications or a related degree
* 5+ years experience in direct and/or email marketing
* ExactTarget, Aptos / Epicor, Microsoft Office (including Excel and Access), Adobe Dream Weaver, Adobe Illustrator, HTML, Adobe Analytics, Microsoft SQL Language/Server, Alteryx
* Strong understanding of B2C Direct Marketing strategy & tactics, preferably in e-mail marketing for a retail, hospitality, or ski company.
* Experience working with email marketing tools – ExactTarget experience a plus
* Experience querying customer databases for customer communication – Aptos/Epicor experience a plus
* Track record of developing data-driven multi-channel campaigns resulting in solid business results is necessary, including compiling and formulating analytical assessments
* Has built and executed direct mail and email campaigns
* Experience working with marketing databases/campaign management tools
* Identify opportunities and/or data elements to enhance the customer database and work closely with the IT team on implementation, including List Hygiene and cleansing for email and DM
* Provide day to day operational and technical support for CRM system (Aptos/Epicor) including researching data issues, managing opt out lists, promotion set-up and day to day maintenance of CRM system
* Experience working at both a corporate and retail/resort location preferred
* Ability to interact with all levels of management
* Ability to articulate and champion email marketing best practices
* Management of cross-functional relationships, especially with IT
* HTML and Amp script coding experience
* Email copy writing and editing
We offer a variety of career opportunities at our world-class resorts and corporate headquarters near Boulder, Colorado in fields like Finance & Accounting, Human Resources, Information Technology, Legal, Public Affairs & Sustainability, Marketing, Sales & Communications and more. Our corporate team shares both a passion for the outdoors and a drive to re-imagine the mountain resort experience around the world. Learn more at www.vailresortscareers.com
Vail Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.
Requisition ID 136391