Senior Marketing Manager
What Product or Services Marketing contributes to Cardinal Health
Product or Services Marketing is responsible for defining the product/service and market strategy and life cycle management including customer need identification, market research, product or service offering, pricing, positioning, promotion, branding an
* Exhibits an ability to translate market and customer needs into clearly defined goals, objectives, strategies, and tactics to drive sales & profitability for the business. Accountable for gaining and driving cross functional support from all stakeholders
* Identifies and remains current on market trends. Determines product/service lifecycle implications and makes recommendations to maintain market competitiveness and to achieve sustainable economic success.
* Understands methods available to execute primary research (VOC) that are necessary to drive portfolio/ product decisions. Can identify market opportunities through VOC/secondary research and takes action by implementing and managing solutions that meet cu
* Demonstrates basic knowledge of marketing disciplines and concepts necessary for building a business & marketing plan
* this includes identifying the appropriate channels to market. Has the ability to understand market trends and competitive positioning an
* Demonstrates strong financial acumen and logical decision making in the general business environment. Understands and can demonstrate sound thought processes as it relates to pricing, deal structure and assessing financial implications.
* Works effectively across cross functional groups including but not limited to IT, communications, operations, and sales.
The Sr. Marketing Manager, Ambulatory Surgery Center Channel, is responsible for the development and execution of the unified, downstream channel-specific marketing plan. Working closely with cross-functional team -- product/service managers, sales team, finance, data and analytics and customers -- this position plays a key strategic role in supporting the revenue and profit goals for Cardinal Health HS&S, while helping to achieve our goals of becoming the preferred brand of supply chain and other services and products among all our customers.
Position reports to Director, Services Marketing. One direct report.
Activities and Responsibilities
* Market and WHO understanding: manages and updates market landscape documents related to the ASC channel (size, competitors, SWOT, KPIs, customer segments, key targets, trends, etc.) and develops and follows a process to ensure socialization with sales team and broader med product team members.
* Customer intimacy: provides guidance to ASC leadership and manages customer learning initiatives (e.g., advisory panels, primary and secondary research projects) to efficiently obtain and deliver actionable insights to all stakeholders, and to support internal new product/service development efforts. Works with marketing and operations counterparts to proactively understand product/service roadmap to effectively work into overall plans.
* Provides support for annual VOC & Win/Loss research, socialization of results, and development of action plan.
Annual Planning and Tactical Execution:
* With Director, Services Marketing, leads overall channel marketing strategy in collaboration with ASC business leadership, sales, operations and other key stakeholders, prioritizing opportunities and aligning resources to deliver best ROI.
* Develops, orchestrates and executes annual tactical marketing and sales support plan in conjunction with other marketing and sales team members that delivers a great brand experience to our prospects and customers in cost-effective manner.
* Aligns with other product teams and communicates unified value proposition and key messages to the market to position Cardinal Health effectively as the thought leader within the ASC channel, as well as internally and with the ASC sales team, working within Corporate guidelines.
* Provides strong financial acumen and analysis (including pre- and post-marketing activity) to ensure that appropriate metrics are in place and goals are met.
Key Qualities and Attributes
* Ability to work effectively in a matrixed organization and drive alignment among key stakeholders.
* Strong written and oral communications skills; ability to develop effective working relationships with a variety of stakeholders – including leadership, peers and direct report.
* Ability to synthesize and distill a variety of information and data into strategic insights.
* Ability to be player and a coach
* Bachelors degree in related field, or equivalent work experience, preferred.
* 8+ years experience in related field, preferred.
* 7-10 years in marketing, preferably a mix of B2B and B2C, with strong background in working with direct sales teams, preferred.
* Experience in writing annual marketing plans, insight development and plan execution.
* Specific understanding and experience in utilizing digital tactics (demand generation, content marketing, social, other) for lead generation and thought leadership.
* Prior experience managing others.
What is expected of you and others at this level
* Applies advanced knowledge and understanding of concepts, principles, and technical capabilities to manage a wide variety of projects
* Participates in the development of policies and procedures to achieve specific goals
* Recommends new practices, processes, metrics, or models
* Works on or may lead complex projects of large scope
* Projects may have significant and long-term impact
* Provides solutions which may set precedent
* Independently determines method for completion of new projects
* Receives guidance on overall project objectives
* Acts as a mentor to less experienced colleagues