Senior Marketing Manager, Europe Based in London
This is a vital moment in the life of The New York Times. We have declared ourselves a subscription-first company with global ambitions – staking our future on producing journalism worth paying for and developing deeper relationships with our subscribers in the US and around the world.
As a Sr Marketing Manager, Europe you will bring together data, research and your in- depth knowledge of social and market trends to identify audience growth opportunities and develop aggressive revenue growth strategies for your markets.
A skilled collaborator, you will work with a wide range of internal teams and stakeholders with a shared goal of increasing subscriptions and deepening the relationship between the The New York Times and our customers in the EMEA region.
Key Responsibilities: KPIS:
Responsible for driving increases in subscriptions; LTV and retention rates for EMEA markets.
Strategy & Insights:
* Develop a deep understanding of the NYT's EMEA reader base and serve as the "voice of the customer" for internal and external partners.
* Leverage audience research (quantitative and qualitative) and data insights to develop audience and subscriber growth strategies for your markets
* Provide insights on EMEA competitive landscape and best practices and share knowledge with internal partners Market Development :
* Collaborate with the brand team to develop distinct messaging strategies for your markets to increase willingness to pay and deepen customer relationships.
* Lead collaborative efforts across internal marketing, newsroom, product and audience development partners to grow and engage the prospect pool for EMEA subscribers.
* Work with Paid Product and Optimization teams to test and evolve the range of subscription-only features in your markets to increase revenue/LTV.
* Develop and oversee the acquisition marketing campaign and testing roadmap for EMEA markets in collaboration with the international acquisition and optimization managers
* Develop and oversee the retention programs to engage and build loyalty among EMEA customers in collaboration with the international retention/CX manager
* Work with business development director for international to create a partnership strategy for your region that optimizes opportunity for subscription growth.
* Build roadmap of digital marketing tests for EMEA and work with acquisition and retention managers to optimize on a market-specific or regional level.
* Experience working in the UK and/or European digital news or entertainment, preferably in a paid subscription marketing role.
* Must be results-oriented, focused on driving key performance metrics, analyzing data and research, and eager to surpass goals
* Skilled at interpreting data to inform and articulate broader strategy
* A very strong collaborator and relationship builder, able to work effectively in a matrix with a variety of teams and subject matter experts
* An excellent communicator, confident in your knowledge with the ability to explain results, trends, and strategies in a variety of formats, from writing to building presentations to presenting in meetings
If interested, send us a resume at firstname.lastname@example.org
The New York Times Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of an individual's sex, age, race, color, creed, national origin, alienage, religion, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation or affectional preference, gender identity and expression, disability, genetic trait or predisposition, carrier status, citizenship, veteran or military status and other personal characteristics protected by law. All applications will receive consideration for employment without regard to legally protected characteristics.